about 1 year ago
JAVA SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
- A number of legacy C++ products need to be re-architected in Java to fulfil customer requirements.
- A full-stack developer who can interpret written & verbal business requirements / technical specifications to design, develop, test (Unit & Regression), and deliver developments to agreed timescales, the resultant software being architecturally sound and scalable.
- The implementation and development of current software applications and process for current and future software platforms used within the design / testing a satellite payload during manufacture.
- Writing, debugging and validation of software components migrating to future software architectures and databases, but there may be required some support of the current software builds.
- Working closely with the software testers to resolve defects as well as contributing to the code coverage of products by generating unit tests.
- Providing software support to live projects using the products.
- Demonstrable experience of developing client/server or distributed software solutions in Java.
- Good working knowledge of database architecture and design
- Problem solving and the ability to think laterally as part of a team or individually to meet the needs of the project
- The ability to work unsupervised, within a team on multiple and concurrent tasks to tight deadlines
Extensive software development experience:
- Java 8
- Documentation skills
- Server Side applications (Java 8, AKKA/ Spring Connectivity and protocol stack experience
- TDD experience
- Jenkins / Maven