£320.00 - £340.00 per day
about 1 month ago
Java - Cloudera (Spark and Kafka) - Linux - GIT - Home based.
My client is urgently looking to recruit a Java Programmer for an initial 3 month contract based from home. Ideally you will have experience in building data ingestion pipelines using Cloudera (Spark and Kafka) and Elasticsearch technologies.
Knowledge of version control (ideally GIT), and of Linux are essential.
You should have an analytical and problem-solving mindset.
You'll work with users to understand their requirements and then design, develop and configure solutions using the appropriate architectural components.
Essential skills and experience
* Java programming skills
* Cloudera - Spark, Kafka
* Pipeline release automation using Puppet, Jenkins, GITLAB or similar
* Experience working in a Linux environment
* Scripting skills in bash and python
* Scala programming skills (demonstrable industrial experience)
* Experience with automated test frameworks e.g. JUnit, Cucumber
* Containerisation (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
* Cloudera - Hive, Impala, HBASE
* Security technologies e.g. SSO integration, SAML2, Kerberos