Up to £65.54 per hour
about 1 month ago
Java Developers required for contract positions with our Aerospace/Defence client based in Portsmouth.
Suitable candidates will have experience within Aerospace, Automotive, Embedded or Equipment-Related industries and will also have experience of dealing with low-level hardware controls.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Agile SCRUM and full SDLC experience with JIRA.
- Application and Service software architect background in Java.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Micro-Services & scalable, distributed software systems.
- Enterprise Design Patterns
- Relational & Non-Relational Databases
- Software Modelling (UML)
- XML & JSON Message-based Parsing
- System Administration of Linux & Windows machines
- Basic Understanding of Networks (LAN)
- Demonstrable experience of developing client/server or distributed software solutions in Java.
- Good working knowledge of software architecture and design.
- Good understanding of database solutions.
- Experienced in message-based parsing (JSON & XML).
- Problem solving and the ability to think laterally as part of a team or individually to meet the needs of the project.
- The ability to work unsupervised, within a team on multiple and concurrent tasks to tight deadlines.
- Ability to hold and obtain SC clearance, current SC clearance highly advantageous.
- Extensive software development experience:
- Java 8 onwards & JavaEE (5+ years' experience)
- Spring Framework (3+ years' experience)
- Importance of TDD & BDD.
- Scalable, distributed systems experience.
- Relational & Non-Relational Database Models
- Documentation skills (UML)
- Connectivity and protocol stack experience (TCP/UDP)
- Unit & integration testing (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium)
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban : JIRA / Confluence / Crucible & FishEye)
- Understanding of CI/CD (Jenkins / Maven / Nexus).
- Desirable additional experience with:
- Functional Programming
- Reactive Development & Actor Based Concurrency (AKKA)
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) with Cucumber
- Mentoring and Lead Capabilities
- User Interface Design
- Container & Cloud Technologies (Docker / AWS / Azure)