Aerospace and Defence, Aerospace Electronics Engineering , Aerospace Project Management , Aerospace Mechanical Engineering , Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Design and Concept, Aerospace Software and Systems, Software Developer/Engineer, Electrical Engineering , Mechanical Engineering
US$50.00 - US$56.95 per hour
14 days ago
IVVQ ENGINEER - MELBOURNE, FL
JOB CATEGORY: R&D: SYSTEMS ENGINEERING & GENERAL STUDIES
The IVVQ Engineer is responsible for planning, participating and supervising the efficient integration, verification and validation (IVV) execution for In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) systems, aircraft communication systems and supporting systems. He/she assures that the appropriate means and practices are applied to guarantee the adherence to defined requirements and quality standards with minimal wasted effort or inefficiencies.
The IVVQ Engineer is responsible for the Test plan and reports, assuring that the scope of the IVV activities fully covers all aspects of the system under test, while taking all previous verification activities on comparable systems into account to optimize the test effort.
* Responsible for the Estimation, Planning and Execution of IVV activities
* Decides on the appropriate test strategy, modules and practices
* Finds synergies between test activities for multiple programs
* Creates the Test plan and reports
* Works closely with project team to agree on testing durations and project risks
* Efficiently manages test resources (staff, software & hardware)
* Manages Defects for the assigned programs
* May represents IVV in Final System Acceptance Tests (FSATs)
* Can act as Scrum Master, upholds Agile values and principles. Organizes and facilitates the reviews planned in Scrum.
* Can act as a Work package Manager, being responsible for scope, budget and schedule of the assigned
* Work Other duties as assigned by the employees manager
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with 5-9+ years experience, or Masters degree in field with 4+ years experience
* Test Management & Test Methodologies (Integration, Verification & Validation)
* Expertise in common test practices (Automation, Functional & Non-Function tests, use cases)
* Ability to read and interpret requirement documentation
* Deep knowledge of Unix /Linux/ Android systems
* Deep knowledge of Ethernet networks
* Deep knowledge of common defect management and tools (ClearQuest, JIRA)
* Knowledge of Agile and common tools (JIRA, VersionOne)
* Good motivator / Team leader
* Strong analytical abilities
* Familiarity with common system weaknesses (race conditions, synchronization problems, border values, intermittent problems in SW & HW)
* Ability to understand and create test cases
* Comfortable with handling and performing troubleshooting on software & hardware
* Attention to detail
* High level of proficiency in MS products such as Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint...