Stockport, Greater Manchester
6 months ago
Service Desk Manager - Stockport/Doncaster - Excellent remuneration dep on experience.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Service Desk Manager to join an award winning MSP based in Stockport. This role is strategically very important for the organisation and provides a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to further establish the Service Desk function and define its culture. You will have ideally previously worked in a managed services environment and will be excited by the opportunity to lead and mentor a talented team of individuals. You will also have worked as a Helpdesk Team Lead or Service Desk Team Lead or Manager previously. This role will cover two sites so you will need a driving licence and car. You'll be joining an amazing culture that breeds success and development of their staff
Key responsibilities for the Service Desk Manager will include:
- Managing technical procedures and systems to achieve best performance
- Day to day management of 1st and 2nd Line Service Desk team circa 13 based over 2 sites; ensuring an excellent service is delivered to all clients
- Operationally manage the assignment of tickets to your team
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving customer issues across software, hardware, and network problems
- Deliver regular reports on service desk performance for the senior management team
To be suitable for this Service Desk Manager role you will thrive in a busy and fast paced environment and will have a strong focus on the customer experience. As mentioned you will have ideally worked in a managed services provider (MSP) environment previously be well versed with ITIL and be a real leader. You could even be a senior technical IT engineer with desire to move into management.
You'll also need
- ITIL Experience
- Familiarity of with working to SLA's & KPI's to meet customer requirements
- Have the ability to effectively develop people and help them succeed in their roles
- Process development and continual improvement focus
This is a brilliant opportunity to join an established business during an exciting period of growth; you will have the opportunity to make the role your own and play a key role within a really great client.