Up to £44.50 per hour
0161 707 1516
about 2 months ago
IT SYSTEMS HARDWARE ENGINEERS x4 - CONTRACTS 12 MONTHS - YEOVIL Somerset
The system architecture is based on the integration of office information system COTS hardware products with company Systems specific software hosted on it. This role is to design, develop and deliver a hardware solution that is compliant to the customer requirements, safe and appropriately CE marked/qualified for delivery to the system team for full system integration. You will be responsible for ensuring the overall physical, electrical and environmental compliance of the delivered system guaranteeing it meets both company Systems Product Safety mandates and the statutory requirements of the customer's base of operation.
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS
- Provision of realistic estimates for specified activities to the development lead.
- Accurately report on progress.
- Support System Integration activities.
- Undertake the safe design of the system prior to delivery and for the preparation of information required by the Design Authority to support the Design Certification and Certificate of Design activities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- IT Systems Hardware background with a proven track record.
- Good understanding of the complete engineering lifecycle.
- A good working knowledge of the development processes (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling, and defect reporting systems)
- Working knowledge of electrical safety and safe system design.
- Ability to use and install operating systems and application software.
- An electrical engineering background e.g. BS7671 qualified would be desirable.
- A good understanding of designing equipment to meet stringent environmental requirements such as EMC and CE marking, Environmental etc.
- Communications technologies: IP networking (including network design), VOIP, network security, network management.
- A good understanding and practical knowledge of the creation and configuration of Windows Server network domains including group policies and active directory.
- Understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes.
- Familiarity with Export control and ITAR rules and regulations.