Salary on Application
16 days ago
Morson Technical Services
Morson Technical Services are currently looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer. This is a permanent position will be Home based but with regular travel.
To provide Technical support to the deployed Systems by resolving incidents swiftly and undertaking commissioning, upgrades and Planned maintenance as required. The Field Support Engineer operates within a defined geographic area and as such will require regular travel and good use of communications technologies to maintain contact with team members and Customers.
Field support Engineers operate an 'on-call' System and are available to work at a Customer Site for the duration of the on-call period.
Based on the specific requirement of the role
* To respond to requests for work from the Service Desk, and Management Team to attend Supported Sites to investigate and resolve incidents reported by Users
* Undertake System fault finding, diagnosis, repair and re-commissioning tasks
* Undertake scheduled routine maintenance and embody system upgrades and changes to the deployed Systems where necessary
* Undertake System repairs from the point the call is assigned until the System has been returned to service and proven to be operational (within defined Service Level Agreements)
* Interfacing with the Service Desk Agents and the incident management tool to accurately record all actions undertaken
* Provide comprehensive failure reports detailing the investigation, fault resolution and any follow up work that may be necessary
* Work closely with Suppliers to deliver the necessary level of maintenance to all aspects of the System(s) within defined Service Level Agreements
* Work collaboratively with the Service Delivery Teams to ensure that all work completed is within the defined specification.
* Communicate effectively with Customers at all levels in the resolution of incidents and service requests
* Undertake hardware installation, configuration, diagnostics and rectification. Operating system installation, configuration diagnostics and rectification. Application installation, configuration, diagnostics and rectification
* Adherence to ITIL process, including (but not limited to) change management, incident management, problem management
* Liaison with other elements of the Service delivery, project management and the Customer to ensure effective Customer focused resolution of incidents and service requests
* Ensure all relevant documentation is updated and maintained
* Take responsibility for the maintenance and security of the vehicle, tools, equipment and spare assets entrusted to their care by the Company
* Accurately record and submit (within a timely manner) all routine documentation including visit reports, timesheets and other related administration
* Maintain relevant passes for access to Customer Sites as required (i.e. Airside passes)
* Any other reasonable requests from the business.
Applicants will be required to have the following working knowledge:
* Commissioning, diagnosing and maintaining complex IT Systems
* Broad knowledge of IT Systems, hardware and networks, including MS Server products, SQL, Cisco & storage
* Must be a confident problem solver
* Team player capable of working from own initiative with minimal guidance
* Must be confident in working at heights
Additional / special features of the role
* Role demands regular travel and good use of communications technologies to maintain contact with team members and customers
* May also require occasional travel outside of the assigned region to support other Teams