£175.00 - £210.00 per day
8 days ago
Contract IT Support Engineer
To assist the IT Team Leader with all aspects of IT support and requirements for an efficient and proactive department. To investigate ideas and provide innovative, cost effective solutions to meet the business' requirements.
- To provide support for the user base for all hardware/software and communication products used, adhering to the agreed SLA at all times.
- To maintain Software / Hardware assets. This will include the registering of new software and hardware assets and ensure compliancy. To provide regular reports to the IT Team Leader and those that need them.
- To install, upgrade and support desktop applications, hardware and operating systems.
- To provide 1st and 2nd line support on all servers across the infrastructure this will include both physical and virtual implementations.
- To provide 1st and 2nd line support for all networking components, i.e. switches, cabling and associated peripherals. This shall also include but not limited to basic software configuration and fault diagnosis of these components.
- To plan, manage and assist with office moves, ensuring all IT equipment is disconnected and reconfigured in accordance with the requirements.
- To administer the backup software, amend backup and carry out restores in line with the backup and restore procedures.
- To administer remote access infrastructure, checking logs, password resets and account management in line with the appropriate security procedures and work instructions
- To administer web and email content filtering, re-categorising web sites, checking and releasing held emails
- To be conversant with IT security and provide support including antivirus and peripheral access management and end point protection
- To produce documentation, procedures and technical notes.
- To provide support and maintenance for IP telephony or where necessary telephone systems in line with office requirements.
- Regularly run hardware and software audits and ensure that the business maintains legal conformance.
- To assist UECSS in supporting all business systems.
- To ensure that the work areas and equipment are maintained in a clean and tidy state.
- Customer focused, Good team player, Good communicator, Self motivator
- NVQ/HND in Computing or Engineering-based discipline.
- knowledge of current Microsoft Operating System - Windows 7 and 10 and Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within an IT Support function
- Ability to prioritise work against SLA
- Hardware knowledge of HP & Dell Desktops/Laptops
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own. Complete projects with minimal supervision
- To be able to physically move equipment if and when required around building.
- Driving License
- Ability to work at 2 locations Loudwater and Greenford