Up to £14.38 per hour
about 1 month ago
BAE Systems at Yeovil have a requirement for a full time Help Desk Support operative.
This role is to provide first line response to telephone and on-line help requests for the applications supported by the IT department at BAE's Yeovil office.
The main requirements of the role are:-
- Answering telephone requests from both internal staff and Customers regarding software and software based products supported and maintained by the organisation. These requests need to be transcribed onto on-line forms for prioritisation, allocation and action;
- Monitoring, tracking and maintaining the on-line help request forms to ensure that all requests are being dealt with in a timely manner according to their priority;
- Where possible, the jobholder may be expected to address minor bureaucratic and less complex technical questions directly. The role does NOT, however, require specific technical or product skills or experience.
- A good telephone manner and the ability to summarise and write down verbally expressed technical questions;
- Good Customer Service skills;
- Comfortable with using computers - to be able to access and update on-line and local files and to use common facilities such as word processors (e.g. Word) and spreadsheets (e.g. Excel)."