Up to £41.00 per hour
29 days ago
Interpretation of higher-level system requirements to aid with the production of the initial hardware cabinet design and specification.
* Production of hardware design drawings for the internal cabinet installations - both mechanical and electrical.
* Computer Aided Design - using Microsoft Visio or Autodesk Inventor, to design modular computing server cabinets.
* Hardware build of modular computing server cabinets, using basic hand and power tools (screwdrivers, spanners, drills, etc.)
* Installation of network cabling within the cabinets and power distribution hardware
* Assessment of safety and environmental risks
* Basic IT computer configuration
* Production of safety test procedures to satisfy the electrical test requirements for compliance to the Low Voltage Directive (and CE Marking or equivalent).
* Production of basic functional test procedures to confirm that selected IT hardware is operational
* Adherence to relevant Air and departmental design standards and processes.
* Supporting internal and customer design reviews including formal Engineering Lifecycle Design Reviews.
* Supporting hardware commissioning at customer premises.
* Complete all hardware configuration activities including documentation and release.
* Completion of all acitivites to the agreed budget and delivery schedule.
Based in Warton, some UK travel may be required
1. Microsoft Visio 2010 Professional.
2. Hardware and electrical design.
3. Good Technical report writing (MS Office tools) .
4. Knowledge of and conformance to the MoD JSP480 regulations would be an advantage
5. Previous experience of computing product configuration would be an advantage
The candidate must have excellent Microsoft Office Word and Visio (or similar) and have good Excel and PowerPoint skills