Up to £41.00 per hour
10 days ago
Job Description: Assist in the development of a Fixed and Mobile IT Server Rack Cabinets:
* Production of hardware design drawings for the internal cabinet installations - both mechanical and electrical.
* Computer Aided Design - using Microsoft Visio or Autodesk Inventor, to design modular computing server cabinets.
* Hardware build of modular computing server cabinets, using basic hand and power tools (screwdrivers, spanners, drills, etc.) and internal network/power wiring
* Assessment of safety and environmental risks
* Basic IT computer configuration
* Production of safety test procedures to satisfy the electrical test requirements for compliance to the Low Voltage Directive (and CE Marking or equivalent).
* Complete all hardware configuration activities including documentation and release.
* Essential - Competent in the use of Microsoft Visio 2010 Professional or similar CAD package
* Essential - Competent in IT cabinet design including electrical
* Essential - Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
* Desirable - Degree educated in a science/engineering discipline or HND/HNC with sound experience of the Engineering Lifecycle
* Desirable - Knowledge of and conformance to the MoD JSP480 regulations would be an advantage
What we are looking for in you:
The ideal candidate will be an effective team member and will be able to develop partnerships with internal and external customers. The candidate will have good communications skills both personal and written. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have creative problem solving skills and be comfortable with suggesting improvements and introducing novel ideas.