€450 - €500 per day
8 days ago
Senior Project Manager - Brussels
Morson International are working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their team in Brussels. This is an initial 12 month contract with a strong chance for a number of extensions. My client is paying 500 Euros a day.
The Senior Project Manager will:
* Manage and follow up a set of ICS2 projects in some or all their life cycle phases inception, elaboration, construction and transition during the software development cycle of the plan, to manage and follow up some or all activities (architecture, specifications, development, tests - including tests with Member States or other stakeholders, etc.)
* et up and enforce the respect of ICS2 project team procedures and project office tasks, raising warnings in case of non-respect of these
* Coordinate the project's various stakeholders (agency business and IT teams, subcontractors' teams, etc.)
* Enforce the delivery of the project(s) according to the agreed schedule/Project Work Plan, with the expected quality and with the resources provided
* Structure the information in ways that are appropriate to the target audience
* Understand the technological aspects of the project, including the risks and the success factors. Work with the help of solution architects/IT analysts only on complex matters
* Report on the project status (tasks progress, plan, actions, risks, issues, decisions, changes, etc.) within agency and/or with member states or other partners
* Escalate issues, in particular the ones with potential impacts on time or resources
* reduce and/or review documents
* Provide suggestions for service or methodology improvements
* Evaluate technical offers of agency contractors and other vendors
* Participate and contribute in meeting with agency, contractors, member states and/or other partners.
The successful Senior Project Manager will have:
* Bachelor Degree (at least 4 years of higher education) in IT and minimum 13 years of recent IT project management experience, out of which 4 years of specialised experience in oriented object software development for large scale IT projects (JAVA, J2E, etc.), SOA oriented projects.
* Recent project management experience:
- managing delivery of software by multinational teams located in different countries
- where the National administration or European Institutions are the key stakeholders
- where were using products and technologies such as Oracle Fusion, SOA, ESB, SOP WebServices, AS4 protocol
* Experience with Project Management tools, explicitly Microsoft Project willingness to use the project management tool and methodologies as specified by agency
* Experience in large scale IT systems, integration projects is a must, preferably in Customs domain
* Experience in project coordination procedures, preferably involving a recognized methodology, explicitly in PMP or Commission equivalent PM2
* Technical writing skills and ability to produce minutes, notes, business cases, vision documents, service level agreements, testing strategy, terms of collaboration, project work planning, technical documents, etc.
* Capacity to review and assess the quality, integrity and completeness of the various IT and Business specification documentation such as IT Architecture documents, conceptual and logical data models, use case specification, user interface specification, Web service specification, business specification (BPMs)
* Strong organisational and coordination skills
* Possession of a recognized certificate in project management
* Experience in Customs domain will be an asset.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.