Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£325.00 - £350.00 per day
8 months ago
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Duration: 6 Months
In scope of IR35
Our client has begun a large enhancement and upgrade, of a number of business critical systems throughout the organisation and in doing so have a number of separate work streams that require project leadership in scoping and delivering increased efficiencies through legacy system improvement.
You will take full accountability for the delivery, to agreed timescales, budget and quality of projects (or small groupings of projects/portfolios) into one or more of the following domains: i) Application Development or Enhancement, ii) IT Infrastructure, iii) Support for Business Process Change, iv) Business Programme Level Management.
- Manage teams of required specialists in order to deliver projects or small groupings of projects/portfolio of projects in accordance with agreed technical standards and guidelines as described in the Service Development Lifecycle.
- Proactively manage potential conflicts, e.g. between return on investment associated with the benefits case, and technical compliance, engaging specialist expertise as required and confirm project alignment with Business / IT strategy as necessary.
- Act as mentor / coach to more junior project managers in order to develop their capability in project management.
- Build and maintain relationships with business representatives and stakeholders so that expectations are managed. Act as the primary point of contact for the project or portfolio and work closely with the client to manage issues and concerns.
- Establish partnership assurance-styled relationships to drive efficiencies and effectiveness from the supplier contract, taking appropriate action to resolve issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Engage with Strategic Sourcing partners to achieve contracts and formal documents with the appropriate levels of risk and responsibility avoiding any duplication of supplier responsibility and protecting NR against supplier failure.
- Manage project finances, change control and progress reporting to provide all cost, contingency and project / programme details to the Sponsor to demonstrate traceability of costs to the project.
- Significant project management experience of either large IT application development projects or large IT infrastructure projects.
- Experience in the use of a project planning tool (e.g. Primavera or Microsoft Project).
- Proven track record in managing the delivery of IT solutions via third party suppliers.
- Knowledge and experience of applying a range of delivery, development, and software engineering life cycles, e.g. waterfall, RAD, JAD, DSDM, Agile
- Formal Project Management qualification (e.g. APMP, PRINCE2, PMIP, Managing Successful Programmes).
- Solid experience in project planning tools and critical path management at project / portfolio level.
- Strong financial management skills
- Proven ability in commercial and contractual issues, and resolving issues amicably and without damage to the project critical path or funding constraints
- Ability to drive value from Suppliers
For further information on the company and the role, please apply now by sending an up to date copy of your CV and contact
The IT Division of Morson International has an excellent track record in the supply of IT skills across the full IT lifecycle. We have consistently supplied quality IT recruitment solutions whilst developing mutually beneficial, long term client relationships