Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£600.00 - £650.00 per annum
8 months ago
Job Title: IT Portfolio Delivery Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Duration: 6 Months
In scope of IR35
Our client has an active requirement for an experienced IT Portfolio Delivery Manager to work on an initial 6 month contract on client site in Milton Keynes.
You will take direct accountability for engaging with Executive and Functional Business Leaders to lead on the development of the Strategic Delivery Plan. To design, deliver and implement portfolios of work within that Strategic Delivery Plan to enable business objectives and capabilities to be met.
- To build strong and sustainable relationships with the Executive and Functional Business leaders to understand their business objectives, core capabilities and strategic direction in order to develop IT strategic delivery plans.
- Proactively engage with senior business leaders to understand changing business demands/strategies and external industry influences, making recommendations and adjustments to the delivery portfolios as necessary to maximise investment/benefits opportunities.
- Accountable for the delivery of a major portfolio of programmes and projects with a value up to £50 million per annum, directing and leading a team of up to 100+ staff across all disciplines (systems integrators, consultants, technology).
- Develop and manage an appropriate organisational structure to lead the successful execution of the delivery plan within the portfolio in partnership with the Executive and Functional Business Leaders.
- Take end to end accountability for execution of the annual delivery plan and monitor the overall performance to drive benefits realisation to meet the strategic objectives.
- Build and maintain commercial relationships with supply chain partners to drive successful delivery through appropriate contracting vehicles and supplier management.
- Provide line and performance management to the direct reports creating high performing teams whilst developing individual capability in line with organisational needs.
- As part of the Programme & Project Services' leadership team, drive strategic vision and successful change leadership within the entire department by continuously improving our policies, processes, people and governance.
- Develop and maintain robust governance structures to enable successful execution of the delivery plan.
- Significant experience of leading complex strategic programmes and/or portfolios.
- Experience of working with Executive Leadership Teams.
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to both lead at executive and functional business levels and articulate a vision with energy and passion.
- Proven ability to demonstrate safety leadership.
- Broad understanding of information systems industry, emerging technologies and the implications for the wider business environment.
- Understands, explains and able to present complex technical concepts in a simple and meaningful manner.
- Demonstrable experience of building successful commercial relationships with suppliers
- Commercial acumen and ability to work with business leaders and peers to establish and prioritise business critical work-streams
- Appropriate project/programme / portfolio qualification, i.e. MSP, APMP and Management of Portfolios
The IT Division of Morson International has an excellent track record in the supply of IT skills across the full IT lifecycle. We have consistently supplied quality IT recruitment solutions whilst developing mutually beneficial, long term client relationships
For further information on the company and the role, please apply now by sending an up to date copy of your CV and contact