Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
IT Operations Manager
We are working with a Maritime and Defence organisation that is on the lookout for an IT Operations Manager to work permanently at their office in Dorchester.
We are seeing an upturn in the market in certain industries and luckily, the Defence industry is one of the most stable industries at this moment in time.
This role would suit someone who has shaped an IT Infrastructure team in the past. It will require excellent man management skills to get the best out of individuals and to also analyse individuals' capabilities and provide a solid team structure to provide an efficient IT service within a very complex IT environment. It requires someone who is very personable, enthusiastic and has a passion to deliver challenging projects.
Key skills required:
- Windows Servers
- Firewalls/Cyber Security
- Excellent man management skills
- Enthusiastic and charismatic
- Proven experience shaping an IT Infrastructure team
Key responsibilities below:
- Support Head of IT in the development and implementation of IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Define and setup tools and processes to monitor the organization's complex arrangement of servers, networks, and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues
- Management of the storage, backup and recovery of data
- Management of infrastructure security operations
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software
- Resolve infrastructure issues escalated by specialist technicians
This organisation I am referring to have a great reputation within Dorchester and have grown even more than they anticipated. In the current climate, they are a company that you would look to work for if you are looking for stability, work-life balance and interesting and challenging projects that are going to continue in these peculiar times.