£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits
25 days ago
LAN/WAN Migration Engineer
One year fixed term contract
£60-80k depending on experience
Are you a contractor looking to move away from the IR35 headache, or are you looking for a fixed term contract till you find the right permanent opportunity? I am looking for a multiple Migration Engineers to join a nationwide business who are looking to align each of their business units.
In this role you will be responsible for planning and migrating all IT equipment at each office site to the new IP range and connect the existing LAN to the new Corporate WAN.
This will include all servers, desktops, laptops, printers and any other equipment connected to the existing LAN.
Due to the nature of the role you will will be required to work onsite five days a week, this will be across seven locations from Bournemouth through to Yorkshire. All hotels and commuting will be fully covered by the client.
- To migrate the existing business sites IP to the new corporate IP range.
- To be proactive in suggesting and proposing solutions to issues caused by changing IP address range.
- Configuration of networking services
- Work collaboratively with team members and support functions
- Take ownership, investigate and resolve issues caused by IP Changes
- Adhere to IT change control process.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Core IP networking (IPv4)
- Firewall, VPN, WAN, LAN configuration.
- Multi-vendor networking experience.
- Multi-vendor firewall experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in 3rd line support.
- Virtualisation Technologies
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016