5 months ago
IT Infosec Analyst
Duration: 9 Months
Location: Harlow, Essex
Our Client is a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and has developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, national security and commercial markets. They also design, develop and manufacture a range of high-technology electronic systems and software.
They seek an Analyst to be employed in their Security Operations Centre (SOC) located in Harlow Essex, reporting directly to the Head of their Information Assurance, Security and Compliance (IASC) group. You will be engaged to work on specific IA Security projects as part of the overall IA strategy and will be heavily engaged in vulnerability management, security incident management, monitoring and remediation of security incidents, vulnerability assessments, analysis of security incident precursors, risk management, encryption and decryption, document management, secure disposal, reporting and collecting incident data and partake in all aspects of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC/DR).
- Working with Anti Virus systems
- Review and assessment of system logs
- Investigating and resolving Security Incidents
- Preparing briefs and presentations
- Day to day running of the Raytheon Security Operations (SOC)
- Contributing in the production of SOC procedures and processes
- Briefing and advising the Head of IASC on aspects of incidents
- Service Tickets analysis
- Vulnerability Assessments and assisting Penetration Testing
- Perform reviews/audits of mixed Unix and Microsoft Windows environments, including network devices, databases, web services and enterprise applications
- Assist in BC/DR planning and testing
Skills / Knowledge / Proven Ability
- Competent Computer Skills
- Competent Microsoft Professional usage
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- High standard of written English
- Ability to read and understand system data but not limited to security event logs, syslogs and firewall logs.
- Ability to obtain SC clearance
- CISCO IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software
- BSc (Hons) in Mathematics, IT or a Science related subject
- Proven ability within a corporate IT environment
- SC or DV Cleared or ability to obtain the required security clearance
- Hands on administrative experience with major operating systems
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Proven ability in monitoring, assessing and defending enterprise information systems i.e. websites, applications, databases, desktops, networks, servers and other endpoints
- Basic understanding of Cryptology
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).