Manchester, Greater Manchester
5 months ago
The cruise industry is projecting significant growth over the next 10 years including a 30% increase in capacity and $56B in construction of new ships. As a market leader in fleet management software and services, SpecTecs core product AMOS, is a flagship product within the marine asset management software space. Our market leadership doesnt come from technology alone, it starts with our dedicated team members. We are looking for an IT Director to lead a network of development teams throughout the world as we embark on our next phase of growth.
Since 2016, SpecTec have been on a journey with key clients looking at continuous improvement and are now at pivotal moment as the company embarks on major new product development including a complex programme of work that will deliver legacy applications to modern architecture.
Working in partnership with some of the biggest cruise companies to develop future products, this is an exciting time to join our company and to have directional input in the development of these new products.
You will be leading the technical teams through a transformation programme that meets commercial, technical and client specific aims whilst maintaining and refining the existing core applications.
The Product Development (PD) department focuses on the four integrated workstreams:
1. New products and technologies
3. Regulation and industry trends
4. Core application development
- Manage complex programme of work to deliver legacy applications to modern architecture, meet MMP/Q industry driven priorities, ongoing product enhancements/fixes and specific client work programmes
- Manage contentions between group business units, functions and customer requirements with clear approval/exception processes
- Clear communication (into the business and clear channels into the respective product/tech functions) for roadmap/progress/roadblocks and contentions
- Co-ordinate investment plans for major new product development (>$2m investment) that reflect the market opportunity, competitive challenges, product requirements and organisational resources to achieve success.
- Drive product management function to create prioritised business and technical work packages
- Drive development functions (including external resources) to deliver against expectations through effective processes from estimating to post-delivery & market entry
- Provide 3-year programme view of work with locked 12 month programme and monthly reporting/exceptions
- Evaluate and execute code split at most effective/minimum impact timing (ideal within next 3 years)
- Determine whether client time driven programmes can be achieved as core development or require branch or custom development relative to timelines/commercial and cost impact
- Active resource and cost management within Business Unit and SpecTec Group KPIs
- C level customer facing role as owner of Product direction/strategy.
Required Skills / Attributes
- Significant experience of software technology development especially in transition from legacy to modern product sets, product management & development methodologies
- Experience leading large transformation and change
- Strong IT skills and knowledge
- Evidence of complex business sector knowledge (closer to asset/ERP advantageous)
- Strong people, management and relationship skills: direct reports, cross functional teams, 3rd parties and customers
- Management of offshore/overseas development functions
- Commercial awareness
- Decision maker
- Planning and organising
- Strategic thinking
- Entrepreneurial 'can do' spirit
- Proven ability to effectively present to executives
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management
For any further information please contact Tim Philpotts at Morson on 0161 707 1516 or apply below.
Morson International is acting as a retained recruitment partner for SpecTec. Any direct, speculative and third-party applications will be forwarded to Morson International