£20000.00 - £24000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Position: IT Desktop and Application Support Analyst
Suitable for: 1st Line Support / 2nd Line Support / IT Technician / IT Support
Salary: to £24,000 + career progression
Our client is a rapidly growing digital platform agency, known for bespoke apps, & web design based in the centre of Manchester. Additionally they offer a support function to their Clients and look after a variety of venues across the UK. This ranges from Bristol to Newcastle, Glasgow to London and many towns in between. As a result they require a new team member to come on and help with support for these venues.
Your ordinary place of work would be out of their Manchester office based in the city centre. A driving licence and access to a car would be ideal (you'd be paid for use of your car otherwise train tickets will be paid for when travel is required) in case their customer needs onsite support. The travel will mainly be within the North West and expected to be 1-2 times a month unless an installation is required.
Systems that they support include site infrastructure (servers\routers\networking\telephony), service equipment (PDQs\POS terminals\reservations\office PCs\printers), web services (email\RDP\VPN) and other general IT equipment (tablets\laptops\mobile phones\projectors etc).
Training will be given but a good understanding of IT on the whole is essential.
- 3+ years of demonstratable knowledge of diagnosing and resolving software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac), servers (Windows Server 2003-2019) and across a range of software applications.
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the ticketing system.
- To install and configure new IT equipment.
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners
- To maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- To assist with menu and layout changes to venues, including assisting with POS and Reservation system amends and updates
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to be part of a growing team where they can continue their development within a support role.
If you are looking for your next challenge, please send your CV