£150.00 - £200.00 per day
7 months ago
IT Deployment Engineer required for our client for an initial 4 months to be based in Camberley, Surrey with frequent travel to London. You will be responsible to assist with IT activities for 2 sites which are moving location during this period.
IT Deployment Engineer Responsibilities:
- Liaise with local business staff about IT equipment to be moved (PCs, servers, printers, switches)
- Participate in project planning sessions at original and target locations
- Inventory all existing IT equipment to determine what will move to the new location, shipped to other sites as spares or marked for Waste Disposal
- Mark up all IT and related equipment in preparation for the move (e.g PCs, servers, monitors, projectors, docking stations etc.)
- Prepare equipment to be moved and support the move process
- Remove hard drives and read/writeable media from equipment (eg PCs) not being used
- Prepare list of disposal items for finance team to assess any financial implications.
- Manage the IT tidy-up on the existing location after the site has moved
- Supervise the secure Waste Disposal through an agreed disposal contractor for all items confirmed
- Regular visits to all sites (from-to) to ensure a smooth IT transfer process
- Support the move from the existing to new site
- Work closely with IT teams that are supporting the existing and new locations
- Ensure all IT equipment and peripherals are clearly accounted for
To find out more information, please apply to the position with an updated version of your CV.