Up to £0.00 per annum
5 months ago
Our client a leading Oil & Gas operator are seeking a IT Business Analyst for a 12 month contract role based in Aberdeen.
This role will ensure the successful specification and delivery of a range of projects to the business by leading and working closely with other project managers, IT professionals and business department managers and key representatives.
The recognised owner of the Maximo Road Map for the company developing the roadmap to ensure effective & efficient delivery of the Procure2Pay and Maintenance & Integrity Processes, providing technical expertise in the use and future development of Maximo, acting as gatekeeper for any improvements to the system to ensure they are implemented holistically, assessing the current Maximo landscape for clean-up activities and improvements and performance management of the Maximo support contract.
* Work closely with the business to ascertain the specific requirements and provide detailed recommendations regarding cost effective and sustainable IT solutions and managing their successful delivery.
* Regularly review projects with project managers and provide strong support and feedback to project delivery teams.
* Developing the Maximo Roadmap and supporting improvement plan.
* Oversee and manage the delivery of the ongoing Maximo enhancement program.
* Collaborate closely with areas of the business to improve business process and the supporting IT systems, establishing business cases, priorities and managing demand.
* Work with the business to identify business problems and opportunities and define IT solutions to support business systems development.
* Develop 'fit for purpose' IT recommendations which accurately reflect business needs. Ensure such recommendations are consistent with IT compliance, structure and environment.
* Perform requirements gathering, including, eliciting requirements, requirements organization, requirements management and communication.
* Responsible for the preparation, co-ordination and presentation of analysis documentation which will clearly define the analysis outcomes and resolution of a specific IT analysis task.
* Planning, monitoring and control of any IT enhancements as a result of analysis activities.
* Support and assist in the development of a long term projects plan for the relevant business functions that will assist the IT group and departmental managers understand the long term application & systems roadmap.
* Liaise with IT infrastructure and support teams to ensure that proposed project solutions are technically sound and that they can be accommodated within the infrastructure and support framework.
* Provide advice and information to the Business teams with regard to the deployment and use of information technology and surrounding issues.
* Lead project resources and the business to ensure that delivered projects are of a high quality and that delivered products have very good sustainability.
Education Attainment & Accreditation:
* Graduate or equivalent in technical or science discipline preferred but not essential.
* Ideally the candidate should have oil and gas industry experience in an IT environment.
Professional Skills & Experience:
* IT Business Analysis experience in an oil and gas environment.
* Extensive working knowledge of implementing Maximo in the Oil & Gas Industry.
* A proven ability to use a variety of tools and technology in partnership with Maximo to enhance its capabilities.
* Undertaking requirements analysis, tendering the work and delivering contractual terms and agreement for the provision of software, hardware and services.
* Strong knowledge of IT concepts and a wide range of technologies and their potential to resolve business problems.
* Having an extensive network of relevant subject matter contacts.
* To be able to objectively assess developing tools and innovations for their relevance to the organisation and service.
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities:
* Able to develop strategic ideas and help shape the system needs of the organisation.
* Customer focused with excellent organisational and communication skills being able to communicate with all levels of the organisation.
* Strong team player who can provide support and challenge in a constructive manner with all stakeholders.
* An energetic self-starter able to define priorities and work to deadlines.
* Able to tackle and resolve difficult issues enable change and continuous improvement.
* Confident, enthusiastic and able to lead others and derive consistently excellent results from the Team.
* Supportive of Management and Function, whilst providing optimum service to the End User.