€475.00 - €540.00 per day
7 months ago
Morson International are working with a global consultancy who are looking for an IT Architect (DevOps) to join their team in Brussels. This is an initial 1 year contract with possibility of renewal, it will be a long term contract.
Rate depending on years of experience.
- Propose systems, components and/or services architecture, COTS software products, standards and/or evaluate technical offers from contractors
- Make proposals for architecture governance and/or evaluate technical offers from contractors
- Investigate and recommend solutions (including cost benefit analyses, assessment of implementations duration) and/or evaluate technical solutions proposed by contractors
- Understand, apply and suggest improvements of methodologies, security policies, tools, best practices, etc.
- Support projects by designing services and components (or supervising contractors design), encouraging re-use as well as committing that the design of the system will fulfil the systems requirements, in particular non-functional requirements (volume, scalability, confidentiality, integrity, availability)
- Ensure that the systems, components and/or services design is consistent with architecture
- Follow up projects to control that the systems, components and/or services implementation sticks to the approved design
- Provide advice and consultancy
- Participate in brainstorming, meetings and workshops with contractors, Member States and/or other partners
- Produce and/or review documents. This includes system and application architecture documents.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (3 years of higher education after secondary studies)
- Minimum of 11 years of professional experience in IT
- Recent practical experience in IT systems architecture and design
- Capability for modelling components, data and services
- Capability for specification of service interfaces, service data and reference models
- Capability for modelling service data and reference models
- Good knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service oriented bus)
- Good knowledge of service implementation patterns (synchronous, asynchronous, request/response, etc.), distributed system design and messaging layer
- Experience in architecture modelling tools
- Proven experience of high availability systems design
- Deep technical knowledge of IT technology
- Networking technologies: Cisco Nexus Load balancing technologies Converged networks OSPF, BGP
- Security technologies: Juniper firewalls, IPSec
- Network and network security management tools
- Virtualisation technologies: VMware Vmotion
- Database systems: Oracle DB, Oracle RAC
- Storage and backup systems: Legato, VTL, EMC
- Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, Windows
- Monitoring platforms: Tivoli TEM, BigFix
- Middleware: Oracle OSB.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Paul from Morson for more information.