Up to £42.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
The team provide a Lightning Systems Integration Facility in the Maritime Integration & Support Centre (MISC) in Portsmouth. This includes a multi room lab based environment in which military and industry stakeholders can perform system testing, de-risking and integration on representative hardware and software for all of the ground based logistics capabilities.
The successful applicant to this role will perform the ALIS administrator role for the customer provided "Autonomic Logistic Information System" (ALIS). ALIS includes aircraft maintenance, logistics (supply chain), training management and support software.
The incumbent of this role will require good organisational, verbal and written communication skills, as well as technical ability. The incumbent will be trained on how to use the system and will need to become an expert in using and administering it
As the ALIS Administrator Theme Lead you will report to the Event Lead.
Responsibilities will include:
- Become an expert in using and administering ALIS specifically in an administration role;
- Provide theme development by regularly interacting with Lightning Delivery Team SMEs and attending planning conferences;
- Manage the capture of theme event objectives, plan and execute ALIS Admin theme including data preparation;
- Manage ALIS Admin theme room to ensure completion of all event objectives and focussed investigations;
- Event Reporting, authoring of event theme report as required.
The successful applicant should ideally have skills in the following areas
- Knowledge of Autonomic Logistic Information System (ALIS) specifically in an administration role;
- Knowledge of other MoD Logistical Information Systems (LIS) administration;
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory;
- Must be a team player;
- Excellent innovation and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Keen to learn;
- Flexible and off site working outside of normal office hours (may be required).
This position can be based in Filton, Samlesbury or Frimley.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.