Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Up to £30.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
A pivotal new role has arisen for an Information System Security Officer to join the a Military Air and Information (MA&I) team at RAF Marham supporting the F35 Pilot and Groundcrew Training function.
The role will be based in the Integrated Training Centre (ITC) at RAF Marham reporting to the ISSO Team Lead.This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team who are responsible for safeguarding the ITC Training infrastructure against cyber security threats.
You will be working on a project of significant strategic importance in the organisation providing security input and advice.The role is ideally suited to individuals with a strong IT / System Administration background looking to move into their first cyber security role.
- Working with the Team Leader to promote a mind-set of secure IT systems and practices transfering knowledge of security standards and processes to the wider user community.
- Support the Team Leader to work with security and accreditation stakeholders to obtain approval for security aspects of design and the project security deliverables.
- Perform continuous monitoring activities on F35 Training systems to ensure defined security standards are maintained. This will include physical infrastructure checks.* Supporting system risk assessments and accreditation activities, maintaining accreditation documents in line with identified changes to the organisation threat profile ensuring stakeholder satisfaction.
- Ensuring all audit activities on systems are completed within the specified timescales with all documentation maintained and updated accordingly so to ensure regulatory compliance.* Assisting with compilation of system security plans; security operating procedures and work instructions; ensuring all F35 Training systems are installed, configured, secured, operated, maintained and disposed of in line with defined security policies and practices as specified in the security plan.
- Investigating and managing any anomalies with the relevant subject matter expert (SME) to resolution and assisting in wider investigations as required.
- Ensure the proper handling, security control, inventory, sanitation and disposal of IT hardware and media.
- Provide security administration support to the training community including (but not limited to): media control and scanning; hardware control and inventory coordination; physical escorting of personnel; physical checks of relevant test and IT equipment; delivery of the end user training package and providing general ITC customer support.
- Contribute to the management of any changes to the logical and physical technology so that security considerations are understood and ensure the approved security environment is maintained or enhanced and all changes recorded accordingly.
Essential Experience / Qualifications
* They must hold or have the ability to attain a Developed Vetting (DV) clearance.* They must hold, or be working towards the attainment of CompTIA Security+ certification. (Support is available to attain this post employment for the right candidate).
* Knowledge of IT system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards and operational security measures.
* Experience in using commercial auditing tools such as SPLUNK, ELA etc.
* Experience in using McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (EPO).Desirable Experience / Qualifications
* Knowledge of the JSP 440 and DoD regulations.
* Knowledge of the HMG IA Standard 5 sanitation procedures.
* Some awareness of a project environment and awareness of lifecycle methodologies.* Creation of dashboards and reports to aid the auditing process.
* Knowledge of the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
* People Skills - This role involves dealing directly with ITC employees and our customer, the ability to explain security concepts in a clear and friendly manner across all levels of the organisation is key.