Up to £27038 per annum + Plus monthly bonus
4 months ago
Our client in the Ellesmere Port area has a requirement for a Machine Operator to join the business on a full time, permanent basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Comply with Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
* Comply with the General Risk Assessments
* Comply with the Manual Handling Risk Assessments
* Comply with COSHH Risk Assessments
* Comply with the Safe System of Work
* To carry out the swabbing and changing of tools as per rota system and as per instruction.
* To detect any defects in the glass and rectify using best practices.
* Regularly check bottle sets for defects and potential defects including gauging.
* To endeavour to have all defects rectified before they have been reported from Cold End.
* To make sure weight control systems are working and weight control is maintained to optimum.
* Weigh product at least every 10 minutes and enter weight into Iafis system and make any adjustments as required.
* Monitor Heye weight control system ensuring all blank capacities are within agreed limits and rectifying when not.
* To maintain maximum production efficiency and minimum down time.
* To make adjustments to T-600 electronic control system to maximise machine performance.
* To train and mentor lower grade operators.
* Record at beginning and end of shift all machine settings, Forehearth temperatures, pressures settings, cooling settings and availability of spare tools
* Inform supervision of non conformances and or take appropriate remedial action.
* Ensure adequate supply of spare tools at all times.
* Maintain health and safety in the work place and ensure work area is kept in accordance with housekeeping standards.
Principles of the team:
* Multi skilling
* Continuous Improvement Activities
* Development of Team Behaviour
Skills & Experience:
* Mechanical skills required
* Good team player
* Highly motivated
* Good initiative