£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits
3 months ago
Morson International has entered in to a partnership with a telecommunications company to attract the best talent for projects up and down the UK. Our client is an alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure. They are experiencing rapid growth and we are now looking for a IP Capacity Planner.
Accountable for the planning and delivery of the active service portfolio, including system & network administration, project management. This role will cover many of the following areas;
* Design & Deliver -Build frameworks to identify required network expansion and changes through analytics, automation and direct required adds, moves, changes, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards;
* Operate Monitor - Develop solutions to maximize network performance by monitoring performance, targeting upgrades and collaborating with Network Architects & Engineers on network optimisation;
* Operate Management - Working with Engineers manage the underlying resources of the active network, e.g IP addressing, backhaul capacity , access network scaling
Key Areas of Development:
* To model and monitor new active city networks
* To identify and augment existing network as required
* To deliver short, medium and long term forecasts for all network components.
* To incremental improve network capacity monitoring and operational excellence utilising automation, AI etc to drive a lean operating model
* Work with Vendor relationships in regards securing a repeatable supply chain
Knowledge & Experience:
o Strong written and verbal communication skills.
o Self motivated with the ability to work well independently and on a team.
o Well developed troubleshooting skills and methodologies.
o Attitude to self-study
o Excellent analytics, & mathematical skills
o Excellent understanding of platform monitoring
o Good understanding of programming language basics.
o Excellent understanding of analytics, and some common tools & dataset manipulation
o Experience with network troubleshooting and telemetry tools.
o Familiarity with virtualization platforms, particularly qemu/KVM
o Programming in one or more of Perl, Rest, Shell , Phython
o Good understanding of layer 2 & 3 technologies with an emphasis on ethernet.
* Areas of learning:
o AI & data analytics for Operational evolution
Please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International for further information