£60000 - £70000 per annum
20 days ago
IP Capacity Planner - Warrington
Morson International are recruiting for an IP Capacity Planner to join a leading telecommunications infrastructure provider in Warrington. The Capacity Planner will be working alongside a technical team who have a drive to be the best in the business. The IP Capacity Planner will be accountable for the planning and delivery of the active service portfolio; this would include System and Network administration and Project Management.
The successful IP Capacity Planner will:
- Build frameworks to identify required network expansion and changes through analytics, automation and direct required adds, moves, changes, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Developing solutions to maximise network performance by monitoring performance, targeting upgrades and collaborating with Network Architects & Engineers on network optimisation
- Work closely with engineers to manage the underlying resources of the active network. E.G. IP Addressing, Backhaul Capacity, Access Network Scaling
The IP Capacity Planner will have:
- Excellent analytics & mathematical skills
- Excellent understanding of platform monitoring
- Good understanding of programming language basics
- Excellent understanding of analytics, and some common tools & dataset manipulation
Desirable skills to have:
- An understanding of IP routing protocols including BGP, OSPF and ISIS
- An understanding of MPLS, LDP and RSVP
- An understanding of layer 2 technologies - with emphasis on Ethernet
- Experience working with network troubleshooting and telemetry tools
- Programming in one or more of Perl, Rest, Shell, Python
- LAN/WAN IP and Layer 2 network design
This is an exciting opportunity for an IP Capacity Planner to join a leading company and work alongside some very technical engineers. You will be working with a company who put their employees first. If you are interested, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.