St. Helens, Merseyside
£40000 - £50000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Job Title: Inventory Controller
A leading global manufacturer is looking to recruit a proven and experienced Inventory Controller to capitalise on year on year growth and look to analyse supply chain performance and deliver import projects to further support/solidify the business's operation.
The Inventory Controller will be responsible for managing the inventory of multiple profit centres, materials management flow at the site, management of the SIOP process, optimising availability of products v's market demand, whilst evaluating impact on inventory levels, materials and resource constraints within an ERP system.
- Work with procurement to maintain adequate inventory levels to meet demand
- Investigate discrepancies in reported quantities and locations of all inventory
- Assess inventory output on a daily, weekly, monthly basis to identify trends
- Monitor delivery schedule and customer orders
- Work with freight forwarders to coordinate deliveries based on priorities and improve inbound transportation.
- Coordinate with customer service and logistics departments
- Check date-sensitive products for expiration and facilitate removal or transfer of product as needed
- Perform product transfers where possible to fulfil back orders
- Establish trusted relationships with suppliers
- Understand the supplier base by category of product
- Understand the product base to assist with the group wide product standardisation and supplier rationalisation
- Work with the warehouse to monitor space, deliveries and throughput
- Reporting of stock values, stock turns and other working capital calculations
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Have previous experience in an inventory management role or a manufacturing materials management environment, supply planning, supplier scheduling and inventory management.
- Sound understanding and proven track record of leading continuous improvement projects.
- Must have an excellent understanding and working knowledge of MRP/ERP.
- Must possess excellent IT skills in Excel and other Microsoft packages.
- Experience in systems & process implementation.
- Have exceptional planning and organisation skills.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Have attention to detail and ability to foresee future requirements.
- Have experience in improving and implementing efficient and effective processes.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and have the ability to motivate and influence people to achieve targets often where there is no direct reporting line.
- Previous experience in managing change.
- The ability to maximise personal performance, delegate and develop others.
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.