£14.50 - £15.52 per hour + Overtime
8 months ago
Location - Brize Norton
Rate - £14.50 Per Hour + 7% uplift (£15.52 for shifts)
The job holder supports the development and delivery of A400M Material Support Services contracted by UK Ministry of Defence within the clients domain, and is responsible for ensuring within this scope customer satisfaction and contractual performance. In this respect, the jobholder reports to Operations management team and functionally to the Head of Material Support Services UK.
The jobholder is required to support compliance of the organisation with the corresponding regulations.
Organisation units interacting with this position:
- The UK Government as an A400M Customer, and associated UK Authorities, in particular the UK MAA and its auditors, the A400M Project Team/Type Airworthiness Authority of the MOD Defence Equipment and Support organization (DE&S), and RAF Brize Norton;
- The Disciplines/Functions within the Military Services Directorate, particularly the Military Services provided centrally;
- A400M Customer Services, the programme management organisation acting as the integrated logistics and support service front office for all A400M customers, and part of the A400M Central Programme Organisation (CPO);
- Industrial parties with which Airbus Military is engaged in responding to customer requests and requirements from the UK;
- Other staff contributing to the clients activities for the UK, including Finance (Industrial Contracts), Facilities Management and Procurement staff.
- The role of Inventory Controller is fundamental to the operation of the Material Support Facility (MSF) currently under construction, and will be key in supporting the Material Support Services organisation.
- To support the development, deployment and integration of Material Support Services, including the establishment of procedures and processes that align with our regulatory approvals.
- To support the integration and coordination of the material support organisation.
- To support, through the material support and related functions, the operation of the company as an MAA Approved Maintenance Organisation, including support to ensure compliance of the organisation with the corresponding MAA regulations.
- The Inventory controller will be accountable operationally to the operations management team and functionally to the Head of Material Support Services but will also offer support to other senior managers within the Material Support Services organisation.
As an Inventory Controller you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies, on completion of relevant training to aid progression;
- Part 145 awareness
- Logistic or Inventory management experience
- Experience of a customer facing role in either a military or civilian aviation environment
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of a QMS system for logistics operations and regulatory requirements for control of inventory
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn new skills, as part of a multi-task team
- Able to work within a procedural and process driven working environment
- Able to work to deadlines and deliver to high standards
- Self-starter and able to work on own initiative
- Able to demonstrate and maintain standards & practices
- You should be able demonstrate tenacity and drive to ensure Material Support from Central is delivered within the contracted timescales.
- You should be a good team worker with a strong logistical or inventory background who is clearly focused on achieving the input/output whilst at the same time maintaining regulatory integrity.
Functional & Responsible
- Logistics Co-ordinator
- Inventory Control (Cycle Counting) activity
- Public Stores Accounting (PSA) Auditable
- Customer Reporting
- POL Store
- Shelf-life control
- Route Pack Creation
- Deployment Kit Creation
- Maintenance Check Kit Creation
- QEC Kit Creation
- Prop Kit Creation
- QEC Bay Support
- Prop Bay Support
- Wheel & Tyre Bay Support
- Prop Bay Support
- Local Transport On and Off MOB
- Part 145 Awareness Training
- Human Factors
- Reach and Counter Balance Forklift Truck Training
- H&SE Awareness Training
- Manual Handling
- Working at Height
- REPA Training
- SAP Level 1 & 2
- SAP ESP
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Ability to work under pressure
To APPLY for this role please send your CV OR for more information on the role please give me a call on 0161 707 1516.