Greater Manchester, England
about 1 month ago
Communications and Working Relationships:
The International Sales Manager will hold responsibility for the non UKI business but will need to work closely with UKI team to align initiatives, activities and spend. Working closely with Marketing, Customer Services, Accounts, Human Resources and Operations working with fellow members of the Executive Management Team to improve sales performance and transfer best practice. Externally communicating and dealing with customers to develop contracted and non-contracted relationships.
Other Reporting Relationships:
- EMT - Work closely with the Executive Management Team to ensure effective sales support.
- To drive the development of sales growth in International markets
- Lead the development and implementation of our customers international strategy through Distributors and end users
- Development of our customers offer, organisation and people to deliver sustainable business growth
- Establishment of an effective sales process in order to optimise customer acquisition, development and profitable sales growth
- Prime responsibility for profitable International sales growth, working with the UKI commercial team and Finance to ensure appropriate P&L performance
- Recruitment and management of suitable organisation to drive growth, putting in place a robust distributor management and support programmes such as collaterals, training, brand positioning & incentives.
- Set sales targets in consultation with MD/SDM, clarify targets and measures and deliver
- Work with UK organisation to ensure product and service offer is relevant, attractive and competitive to target customer base
- Establish effective sales process and priorities
- Establish sales and marketing structure / skills sets.
- Determine sales support and training needs.
- Contribute to the development of our clients organisational culture, testing new ideas and driving mindset and business practice.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Understanding of manufactured product and time critical distribution business.
- Good experience of driving sales teams, understanding motivational techniques to achieve specific goals in a distributed environment.
- An understanding of the industrial cables market. Knowledge of the low voltage cable and accessories market, and/or vehicle conversion and vessel construction market would be advantageous
- Ability to co-ordinate and implement effective sales process.
- Self-starting, energy and enthusiasm, sense of humor.
- Good personal presentation.
- Good speech / communication. European languages highly desirable
- Confident and assertive.
- Ability to create rapport and build relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Results driven.
- Working knowledge of MS office
- Initially UK based. Must be able to spend time in HQ - avg 1 week per month
- Position does not have to be based in Worsley, Greater Manchester but must be able to travel freely to visit customers.
- Full UK/European driving license
- Able to work legally in the UK