International Payroll Manager
I am currently supporting a large Professional Services organisation who are looking to recruit a International Payroll Manager to be based in either Manchester or Leeds city centre.
My client employs over 2,000 people across more than 10 countries around the world. They offer a range of services to some of the worlds largest companies.
As the International Payroll Manager you will be responsible for the overall outsourced global payroll provision. You will also oversee & lead on tax and benefits administration and compliance across all locations, including UK & Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- Working closely with the Reward Manager, HR Administration Manager and Systems Manager to ensure accurate data is provided for payroll purposes.
- Supporting the Head of HR Operations and Systems Manager with the implementation of Workday ensuring HR efficiencies and user experience are taking into account when making project decisions.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring HR payroll processes achieve optimum efficiency, comply with legislation (across all jurisdictions) and are fit for the business. This includes liaison with the Head of Resourcing and HR Administration Manager to ensure recruitment and on-boarding processes are aligned and efficient.
- Core People Processes - working closely with the Head of HR Business Partnering, Head of Talent & Learning and Reward Manager, to ensure that the operational delivery of core payroll related people processes (including salary and performance review) happen in a timely and efficient manner
- Keeps up to date with employment legislation, government financial statements and UK/International payroll/employee tax legislation, adapting processes and policies where appropriate to ensure compliance and effectively communicating changes across the HR team.
- Accurately forecasts and manages the payroll budget.
- Full responsibility for developing and building the relationships with third party providers including payroll providers. Maintaining regular communication, providing clear and timely feedback and working to develop a strong shared understanding.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal stakeholders within the HR Department and colleagues in Finance, IT, and other Business Services teams.
- Develops a strong external network of HR and payroll professionals within professional services organisations and wider.
Knowledge, skills and experience required (bespoke to role)
This role requires an experienced Payroll Manager with experience of working in International remits.
- Strong numerical analysis skills are an essential requirement of this role, as the manager is responsible for managing P11D/PAYE settlement agreement processes, preparing financial accrual calculations and needs to be able to challenge the data they are presented with.
- Project management skills and experience - planning and organising multiple activities/projects to ensure that deadlines are achieved. Must be highly organised, a good time manager and able to effectively juggle conflicting demands
- Capable of delivering accurate and commercial advice and keeping employment law knowledge up to date
- Experience of managing or reconciling the delivery of UK and International payroll for a similar sized workforce
- Strong understanding of the impact of payroll on the accounts. Basic double entry understanding would be beneficial.
- Experience of working in a service delivery focused environment, with experience of managing team performance to meet service level and performance targets
- Experience of managing relationships with outsourced service providers and strong negotiation skills are desirable.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal. Able to clearly and succinctly present key business messages externally, and ability to successfully influence at all levels internally
- Tenacity, resilience and patience when dealing with difficult and challenging issues
- Flexibility and able to adapt readily to changing requirements and circumstances
- Dynamic problem solving abilities; finding creative, commercial and pragmatic solutions
- The ability to work well and operate comfortably within a partnership structure / culture
- Trusted business advisor.
This role is to offer a base salary of £45,000 - £50,000 pa + benefits. If you have any questions, please contact Craig Saxby at Morson International.