Up to £13.25 per hour
10 days ago
An Internal Scheduler is required to provide support with supply chain duties for a manufacturing company based In Burnley.
Duties will involve;
- Define the supply parameters in the ERP item file within their scope of activity which are consistent with stock targets and the industrial strategy
- Participate in the MRP validation process then analyse and process exception messages (increase/decrease, progress, delay, cancel an order etc.,) resulting from the MRP
- Confirm and communicate requirements and changes resulting from the MRP to the internal supplier by confirming any necessary modifications that are to be made
- Provide information and visibility necessary to the internal customers (grab list/load capacity) and suggest solutions in case of imbalances
- Monitor and analyse the impacts of manufacturing defects in terms of yield and if necessary reschedule requirements to ensure commitments can be met, work with the external scheduler to ensure yield is factored into future planning
- Ensure the accuracy of the stock levels by monitoring the receipting of supplier deliveries
- Measure and analyse performance in coordination with the manufacturing unit using the defined metrics and provide the required weekly/monthly reports
- Analyse the root cause of metrics not at target level and work with the Manufacturing unit to develop the necessary action/recovery plans
- Oversee the progress of manufacturing on the internal supplier's unit, manage delivery receipts, follow the flow through to reception of articles, manage administrative disputes and organise supplier returns
- Analyse the impacts of requests for technical modifications and other changes within their scope of activity and implement the action plans after these requests have been validated
- Participate in daily control rooms and QRQC, in internal supplier scheduling (capacity and critical material / components)
- Participate in drawing up supplier service level agreements (quantities, batch sizes, horizon etc.,)
- Participate in managing obsolescence in stock takes, audits and assessments.
This particular role will have the responsibility for the Scheduling of fasteners to ensure continued supply to the Assembly Lines. This will involve interfacing with the Fasteners team in France and the supplier(s) of fasteners.
The successful candidate will have good knowledge and understanding of the principles of MRP2. Basic knowledge of how a business works and understanding of the basic rules of customs and transport would be an advantage. You will have a detailed vision of the production processes and supply chain. You will be familiar with the information systems used in the Supply Chain ie., ERP (SAP), Supplier Portal and be familiar with desktop tools including Word and Excel.
The successful candidate will be capable of communicating clearly and concisely. You will be able to escalate at the right time and at the right level and be capable of making decisions. You will be a good team player and able to negotiate well with internal contacts and external suppliers. You will proactive have the ability to drive the supply chain and apply adequate pressure. You will also have the capacity to analyse a complex problem, sum it up and find solutions as well as analyse the information supplied by other departments. The ability to gauge the importance of changes in Supply / Demand and to anticipate the consequences is also required.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs