Up to £13.25 per hour
8 days ago
Internal Scheduler; 6 month contract; Burnley: £13.25 per hour
An Internal Scheduler is required to provide support with supplpy chain duties and establish a realistic short term supply plan that satisfies the MPS, direct customer orders and stock policy targets for a manufacturing company based in Burnley.
The jobholder will be responsible for production orders from launch to closure and their adequate processing through each work centres to meet the delivery date, quantity, and quality level required by family of products.
Duties will involve;
- Launch and sequence the production orders to meet standard lead times and reduce non value added time in line with ERP recommendations and the master production schedule
- Print the Routing Cards and supply them daily to Operations according to the agreed schedule
- Be the primary contact for internal customers by providing visibility and suggesting solutions in case of imbalances on the programs you are responsible for
- Update the supply parameters in SAP within your scope of activity which are consistent with stock targets and the industrial strategy
- Responsible for analysing and processing exception messages for MRP items under your logistics controller code
- Confirm and communicate requirements and changes resulting from the MRP to the internal supplier by confirming any necessary delivery modifications that are to be made
- Reserve human and material resources and check the feasibility of the plan by carrying out detailed capacity planning
- Monitor and analyse the impacts of manufacturing defects in terms of yield and if necessary reschedule requirements to ensure commitments can be met, work with the external scheduler to ensure yield is factored into future planning
- Ensure the accuracy of the stock levels by monitoring the receipting of supplier deliveries and the closing of production orders to ensure that production schedules are updated
- Measure and analyse performance in coordination with the manufacturing unit using the defined metrics and provides the required weekly/monthly reports
- Analyse the root cause of metrics not at target level and work with the Manufacturing unit to develop the necessary action/recovery plans
- Analyse the main KPI to support SAP data reliability and implement actions to achieve the targets
- Analyse the impacts of requests for technical modifications and other changes within their scope of activity and implement the action plans after these requests have been validated
- Responsible for the closing and archiving of production orders
- Participate in daily control rooms and QRQC, managing obsolescence, stock sakes, audits and assessments, and also in improvement projects with their internal supplier and internal manufacturing units to improve delivery performance
The successful applicant will have good knowledge and understanding of the principles of MRP2 (APICS BSCM level) and be capable of communicating with an English speaking internal supplier, both verbally and in writing. You will have previous experience in internal scheduling and have worked with an ERP/SAP based system. You will have good computer literacy including Excel and PowerPoint.
The jobholder will be capable of communicating clearly and concisely, be able to make decisions and be able to escalate at the right time and at the right level. You will be a good team player who is able to negotiate well with internal contacts and external suppliers. You will have the ability to drive the supply chain and apply adequate pressure.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs