Internal Comms Manager
City of London, London
£35000 - £45000 per annum
23 days ago
Low Carbon Contracts Company
Morson International is proud to be the recruitment partner for The Low Carbon Contracts Company as they embark upon a their recruitment campaign. We are looking to recruit to the position of Internal Comms Manager. To work from their offices based off Fleet Street, London.
The Low Carbon Contracts Company (LCCC) and the Electricity Settlements Company (ESC) sit at the heart of the delivery of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable electricity. Run as a private, not for profit limited company, the LCCC primarily provides the mechanism behind Contracts for Difference (CfD) - a contract introduced by the government to infinitive's investment in secure, low-carbon electricity.
By enabling smaller low-carbon generators to gain entry through long-term revenue stabilisation, the LCCC plays a pivotal part in the UK's Energy Market Reform, the biggest change to the electricity market since privatisation.
Reports to: Director of People
The Internal Comms Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the delivery of all communications, internal events and engagement activities driving internal communications across the business. They will develop, deliver and maintain a high impact internal communications strategy and communications plan, ensuring the implementation of an effective internal communications framework, encouraging and driving communications and collaboration.
The role will report to the Director of People & OD and will be responsible for the upkeep of the Company intranet, support the development of internal communications and engagement initiatives that drive cultural change and deliver LCCC business priorities. The role will also support communications around the employee engagement survey, ensuring messaging from the analysed results and associated action plans.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Delivery of all internal communications in accordance with the communications plan, seeking to use diverse and interesting mediums
- Development and maintenance of the communications strategy and communications plan in line with the organisation's business objectives
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, company presentations and regular staff newsletter
- Maintain the Company intranet ensuring its content is fully up to date
- In conjunction with the External Communications team, develop the content of LCCC's LinkedIn Company page and Glass Door
- Lead on the management of the Charity partnership for LCCC as part of its CSR; develop communications and engagement strategies for this purpose
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for company-wide presentations to employees in written or spoken form
- Building and managing a strategic communications calendar
- Be prepared to develop ad-hoc communications as and when required
- Support the Director of People and OD in managing all employer branding activity for the business including recruitment videos, social media campaigns, etc. with the goal of ensuring LCCC is recognised as an employer of choice
Skills/Experience Required for the Role:
- Experience of developing and implementing an internal communication strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-assured and confident in dealing with senior staff
- Ability to gain credibility quickly with senior management
- Ability to present clear thinking to senior staff
- Ability to communicate on all levels, confident in public speaking
- Good organisational skills
- Comfortable dealing with change and ambiguity
- Experience of employee engagement activities
- Strong knowledge of digital and social media tools and how they can be used to connect and positively influence engagement
- Understands internal comms and employee engagement best practice
- Uses fresh thinking, creative ideas, turning complex information into clear proposals and engaging content for internal audience
- Able to work as an editor / writer to structure messages for the audience
- Maturity and flexibility to thrive under changing demands and competing priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills