City of London, London
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
about 2 months ago
My client is a leading Infrastructure business that is looking to appoint an Interim Internal Comms Officer for an initial 2-3 month contract.
The Senior Internal Communications Officer will work closely with the UK&I Internal Comms Manager to manage the internal communication outputs for the UK & Ireland region, plus the communication requirements of the UK & Ireland Chief Executive and their leadership team.
You will coordinate the internal communication requirements by sourcing, planning and developing content in line with the company's strategic direction.
The Internal Comms Officer will need to demonstrate the ability to work confidently with senior leaders, develop and implement internal communications strategy, solve problems under pressure and continuously measure the engagement and impact of campaigns and staff engagement.
The Internal Communications Officer will be part of the EMEA marketing and communications team reporting into the UK&I Internal Comms Manager
Main responsibilities include:
Internal Communications Strategy
· Implements the internal communications strategy for the UK+I, building on the EMEA Internal communications framework. This includes developing a communications strategy to support the culture change programme underway.
· Provides direct internal communications counsel to the UK & Ireland leadership teams developing and executing their internal communications plan
· Prepares presentation for monthly leader webinars, writes scripts for videos and draft speeches
· Responsible for keeping team of 7000 employees engaged, informed and inspired with vibrant stories and engaging campaigns
· Manages editorial calendar and Team Focus - the UK & Ireland's main communication tool, monitoring its readership statistics
· Builds strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the business from end market leaders, safety team, HR, IT, Sustainability and advises on best practice communication methods.
· Works collaboratively within department to deliver good practice and meet stakeholder needs
· Is privy to sensitive information and turns complex information into easy to read messages with understandable language
· Leads on aspects of culture campaign, using communications to champion model behaviours and help make aspired company culture manifest
· Support with the internal communication response to crisis situations, partnering closely with the press team to ensure consistent message and aligned response
· Measures communications effectiveness and staff engagement through a mix of quantitative and qualitative data
· Continuously find ways to improve the impact of internal messages
This role is based out of central London for an initial period of 2 months and the salary is £30,000 to £40,000 pa + benefits or equivalent daily rate.