£60000 - £70000 per annum + up to £500 day rate
2 months ago
- To work closely with the HRD to design and shape a future-focused People Strategy. This will focus on a high volume change and investment agenda over the next few years, whilst also balancing BAU and Trade Union needs.
- Act as a Change Agent within the Business area to support the ongoing development of the organisation, understanding and managing the interdependencies between Group Functions and each BU
- To bring structure, planning and project management capability to the role, shaping and maintaining a large volume of change projects and integrating the impact of these with the needs of the business.
- Work with your business clients to align the People Strategy to their needs, and ensure all aspects of the People Strategy are fully embedded within their business areas.
- To influence and coach clients to identify high performance and high potential individuals and to initiate suitable career development opportunities. To embed a rigour around talent development and succession planning, linking to the needs of the group.
- Providing expert and accurate HR advice to assist and coach line managers in increasing the performance of their teams and in managing business change effectively.
- To encourage a culture of forward-planning and longer term thinking around the leadership vs business agenda.
- Work closely with senior line managers to ensure that business unit commitments are delivered through a proactive resourcing plan, which will be connected to the Talent Strategy.
- Provide expert guidance to Line Managers in the implementation of any agreed organisation changes. To implement changes to Terms & Conditions, and roles and responsibilities
- Work with HR Service Centre and HR Team to ensure seamless and responsive service delivery to the business and all ER and BAU matters.
- On an exceptional basis coach, support and challenge the line management through complex grievance and disciplinary issues.
- To support the business in achieving its key people targets/ metrics regarding employee engagement, talent planning, attendance and return on people employed
- To develop strong and open relations with the Trade Unions to deliver the People Strategy, building on the strong partnership ethics already embedded.
- Develop the employee engagement culture, measured through annual survey, with a key emphasis on bringing pragmatic and practical solutions to improve employee engagement and communicate between direct line managers and employees.