Wigan, Greater Manchester, N. W. England, England
£36000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Benefits
5 months ago
My client is looking for a strong HR generalist to support their Wigan Manufacturing site. The role will work closely with the Regional HR Manager and the Site Leadership team to drive & deliver an effective HR service.
This role will focus on HR metrics such as, Absence, Overtime, Recruitment and ER case work. These duties are expanded on below.
- Ensure all operational and transactional HR activities are covered, including weekly and monthly reporting (time registration, holidays, absence and overtime reporting).
- Input, throughput and control of changes for payroll for the site.
- Development, monitoring and maintenance of personnel files, employee contracts and job descriptions according to agreed company standards.
- Monitor and control of absence including occupational health referrals, liaison with the plant management team and ensuring that absence and timekeeping policies are adhered to by the management team plus the production of weekly and monthly absence graphs for display at the site.
- Support and advice for management and staff in relation to company policies and procedures.
- Carry out formal structured inductions for all new employees as required.
- Support the implementation, administration and follow up of appraisals in line with company policy.
- 1st Level ER support for the site.
- Organisation, co-ordination and management of training systems ensuring that the skills matrix is kept up to date and that all mandatory H&S training is being completed in a timely manner, plus reporting to group as and when required.
- Co-Ordination of Company cars for region and ordering of Long Service Awards, Christmas Vouchers and Safety Bingo vouchers as and when required.
- Facilitation of employee relations for the site.
- To advise on appropriate recruitment and selection processes.
- To develop positive and effective working relationships with senior managers, union representatives, staff and external agencies.
- To take a proactive role in the communication and dissemination of new policies and procedures, ensuring managers are trained and competent in their application.