Manchester, Greater Manchester
8 days ago
The Group Head of Recruitment will be accountable for leading the Recruitment function, an experienced team who are responsible for the delivery of non-volume recruitment requirements to MAG - a total of circa 800 hires per year. The post-holder will understand current and future hiring needs, partnering with HR Directors and functional leads to deliver the requirements across the organisation, ensuring quality, timely and cost-effective solutions are in place.
This is a particularly exciting time to join the MAG HR team as we are currently undergoing an innovative transformation programme, with a strong focus on technology. This post holder will be key to implementing parts of the transformation within the recruitment team.
- Work closely with Group OD Director and Group HR Director to manage budget for development and implementation of the Resourcing strategy.
- Own the relationship with the on-site RPO
- Indirectly, decisions have impact on recruitment spend across all departmental budgets - liaison with Leadership Team, Managers and Recruitment Partners regarding budget and cost impact is essential.
- Manage a budget of c£450k directly as well as indirectly through third party recruitment spend and ensure processes are in place to track and protect cost of recruitment at MAG.
- Lead on the development and delivery of the MAG Resourcing Strategy, including the development of the MAG employer brand, diversity and inclusion strategy, social media marketing, and delivery of recruitment requirements across multi UK sites and internationally.
- Work with HR Directors to understand Airport and Group Recruitment plans, and ensure appropriate strategies and resources are in place to delivery these plans.
- Support and guide the Executive Search Partner and Recruitment Partners to ensure delivery of all specialist technical and senior hires into the organisation, as aligned to the overall Resourcing Strategy.
- Oversee MAG engagement with external search firms and supply chain, ensuring continuous improvement by regularly reviewing the preferred supplier list and streamlining of the supply chain, ensuring it remains fit for purpose and delivering against objectives and service expectations. This includes developing and maintaining relationships with key vendors and ensuring their performance metrics are reviewed regularly.
- Manage and provide all relevant recruitment MI to Monthly Dashboard and Board Reports as required ensuring data insights are used in a meaningful way to ensure effective decision making.
- Lead on any tender processes including OJEU to ensure outcomes are the best solution for MAG.
- Understand the technological advances in the external market and ensure recruitment processes and practices remain current, reflecting our position as a top employer, and aspirations to become an Employer of Choice.
- Work closely with Reward team on the talent attraction and retention strategy and development of Employer Brand.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to the Recruitment Process and practice across MAG.
- Focus on the continued development of the Recruitment & Onboarding functionality of the MAG ATS ensuring continuous improvement and fitness for purpose both in the UK and internationally.
- Ensure there is strong governance within the Recruitment function, and oversee the delivery of consistent recruitment practices, owning the MAG Recruitment Policy and ensuring it is consistently applied across the organisation. Ensure alignment to the most up to date law and policy relating to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and compliance with applicable regulations affecting our hiring practices.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations affecting hiring practices.
- Partner with the wider Organisational Development function to support the preparation of Talent Boards and align recruitment to requirements in the development of future Operating models and to support the progression of succession pipelines.
- Support the movement of internal talent into new roles within MAG.