Manchester, Greater Manchester
8 months ago
The Head of Pensions is responsible for the defining and implementing the Group wide Pension strategy. The role holder will provide subject matter expertise to resolve complex pension queries and will lead all development work, ensuring that the Group remains compliant with internal policy and external regulation.
· Currently there is one direct report (Group Pension Manager), although the role will involve cross-functional liaison with a wide range of stakeholders.
· Ownership of the Group wide Pension strategy
· Build and maintain key Group stakeholder relationships and overall ownership of relevant third party relationships including pension service providers and the pension regulator.
· Lead all pension projects and be able to report the return on investment of the strategic projects delivered
· The role is accountable for developing and delivery of Pensions projects in line with the strategy and ensure effective communication to all stakeholders.
· Keep abreast of any regulatory changes and external market benchmarking to identify and evaluate emerging Pension requirements and trends and ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
· Identify and ensure any organisational Pension risks are in line with the Group's risk framework and ensure governance frameworks are in place to proactively manage those risks.
· Provide expert subject matter advice, coaching and guidance to a number of key stakeholders across the Group on pension changes and policy and be able to influence senior leaders when setting the pension direction for the Group
· Developing communication strategies to promote the benefits of pension schemes
· Lead day to day operational activities within the Pensions team