£30 - £37 per hour
7 months ago
Peterborough based NHS organisation have an urgent requirement for an experienced Estates and Facilities professional to join as Associate Director of Estates & Facilities on an initial 3 month period with the view that the role could become permanent for the right candidate.
Accountable to the Chief Operating Officer, the role has been banded as an 8c.
Purpose of the role;
- To lead the Estates and Facilities Department, ensuring that the Estate Strategy and plans are in place with adequate resources, including skills and expertise to ensure a safe, secure and high quality patient environment is provided by the Trust.
- To act as the Estates and Facilities professional for the Trust ensuring that the Trust's Facilities are managed safely and cost effectively within the required statutory requirements.
- To be the Trust's Estates and Facilities lead accepting collective corporate responsibility for ensuring that the Trust is able to deliver a high quality level of services to patients and staff at all times and offering leadership, innovation and inspiration using skills and personal attributes that lead by example and motivate staff to continually improve themselves and their services.
- Responsible for the provision of a high quality and comprehensive Estates and Facilities service to the Trust. To include Responsible person duties for estates services i.e. water, asbestos, Ventilation etc.
- Provide Strategic Direction, strong professional team leadership and coordination to the Estates and Facilities team.
- Responsible for budgetary management of the Estates and Facilities service and working with the Estates and Facilities Director and the senior finance team to manage the Trust's capital budget.
- Responsible for managing the overheads of the Estate and its related services, ensuring that suitable strategies are in place and proactively seeking cost reduction and service improvements.
- To support the clinical teams and the corporate departments to ensure that activity, budget, quality and mandated national targets are achieved.
- Working with the Associate to Estates and Facilities Director, and the Estates and Facilities Director, develop and implement an Estates and Facilities Strategy that supports the overall Trust Clinical, Financial and Corporate strategies, and demonstrate value for money. The Strategy should ensure that land, buildings and equipment are in the right place, in the right condition and of the right type, and are able to respond to future need.
- Maximising the effective use of the estate and other assets and ensuring that the appropriate infrastructure, systems and services are in place.
- Undertake other duties not specific within the job specification, but within the general scope of the post as determined by the Estates & Facilities Director.
- To actively promote and implement the Trust strategy and strategic objectives across all areas of the Trust.
- To support the capital planning strategy process for Estates and Facilities related projects. To be jointly responsible for the delivery, quality and financial management of major and block allocation capital schemes, minor and additional works and the relevant and related contracts, agreements, legislation and regulation.
- To be responsible for providing an accurate and relevant Facilities Management Information System.
- To ensure that all Estates and Facilities services are compliant with all statutory standards, codes of practice and good working practices.
- To be point of contact with the Local Authority on all Trust related planning matters.
- To ensure that the planned maintenance programme is monitored and updated and backlog maintenance replacement programmes for buildings, plant and equipment with costs are reviewed and updated.
- To ensure the efficient and cost effective delivery of all planned and reactive maintenance services.
- To be responsible for the development, completion and review of policies and procedures relating to the Estates and Facilities function.
- To lead in the identification of risks in relation to Estates and Facilities and ensure appropriate risk assessments are undertaken and that relevant controls are put in place.
- To have overall sight of the energy and environmental management maintaining records of consumption and investigating schemes for further energy conservation working to reduce carbon footprint.
- To ensure that contingency plans are in place to maintain continuity of service in the event of a major failure of plant / building service or major incident.
NHS experience is desirable however, significant experience of Estates and Facilities Management at a senior level, in a similar role within a medium to large organisation or comparable commercial experience would suffice.
You will have a relevant professional Qualification eg: RICS, CIBSE, RIBA or equivalent experience.