£600.00 - £900.00 per day
21 days ago
· Maintenance Capex budget of circa £3m pa
· Environmental budget of circa £300k per annum
· Engineering budget of c£5-10M per annum
· New vehicle and mechanical handling equipment spend of up to £25m
· £8m energy budget management.
· Scoping and specification of new equipment across the business
· Creation of environmental policy
3. Role context
Responsible for all the capex projects, and maintenance on sites, fleet management and energy management across the organisation ensuring the business is able to deliver excellent customer service, and remain compliant with all health, safety and food compliance regulations at all times.
The role holder could be working at depot level making sure that the right tools and correct environment are in place. They would be expected to bring the latest best practice or legislation into the business at the earliest opportunity and ensure it was embedded at every level for example ISO 14001, ISO 50001 (2018), electrical testing, building control regulations, sprinkler safety or the control of legionella.
The role holder will be required to manage the capex budget, scope, plan and present large projects at board level to gain approval and may also require the role holder to present to external bodies.
4. Principal accountabilities
· Deliver capex projects within budget and agreed timescales.
· Direct and manage the maintenance of all Operations facilities within the annual £3m budget. Ensuring customer service, health and safety and compliance are maintained at all times.
· Drive improvements to environmental impacts, managing the environmental budget (circa £300,000 pa) to maximum impact.
· Manage and optimise energy usage, driving initiatives to reduce spend and environmental impact year on year. Responsible for CRC and CCA compliance with the Environment Agency.
· Determine the scope and specifications for large new equipment across the business.
· Manage a small team of engineers and ensure that the operation is able to fully function at all times
· Manage the acquisition of all new vehicles and safe disposal of the old fleet whilst optimising efficiency and value
· Electrical duty holder for the group responsible for all high and low voltage installations
· Responsible for the control of legionella across the group with high risk sites running evaporative condensers
· Ensure ISO 14001 is maintained and identify other opportunities for accreditation (eg ISO 50001)
· Management and optimisation of maintenance contracts ensuring providers are held accountable for delivery to agreed terms.
· Set direction and implement the latest technology to the business (eg LED lighting, CO2 refrigeration plant) where advantageous to do so
· Manage major incidents and recovery to ensure the business is operational and delivering to customers as soon as possible
5. Knowledge, skills, experience and competencies
This role requires a candidate to have experience of and a good understanding of high and low voltage systems as well as the regulations BS7671. Knowledge of all types of refrigeration systems including large ammonia plants is required as well as the ability to scope and influence the design.
In-depth knowledge of mechanical handling equipment and the ability to manage a large fleet (1000 trucks)
A broad civil engineering understanding of drainage systems, external works and internal fabric in particular experience of chiller and freezer construction and underfloor heater mat construction.
Ideally educated to degree level and Chartered Engineer status
· Experience in a similar role, leading asset management across a multi-site operation
· Experience of managing large asset development projects
· Ability to lead a team that ensures maintaining customer service is of paramount concern
· Budget management of c£10m pa
· Ability to influence at senior levels
· Ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels of the business.