5 months ago
Integrated Support Engineer - Somerset
A unique opportunity to join a team of dedicated Supportability Engineers focused on sustaining the lifesaving and war fighting capability of fleets world-wide. Customer Support Engineering requires a mind-set obsessed with providing cost effective support solutions and Technical information to keep fleets flying and lateral and deep analysis of customer feedback to create product improvements which ensure that the Companys helicopters remain safe and at the cutting edge. The business supports an extensive in-service military fleet operated by many nations, including some of the most technological advanced helicopters in the world.
As an Integrated Support Engineer you will be immersed in the forefront of maintaining and developing Technical Information for the fleets customer base.
Based in the beautiful West Country, in easy reach of the beaches of the Jurassic coast or Surfing beaches in North Devon/Cornwall, close proximity to Exmoor and Dartmoor, and loads of rural communities to live within with great characteristic Public Houses. Good Transport links to all major cities and airports.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Conduct of engineering documentation analysis and interpretation of other technical information in order to produce relevant and accurate technical information to a multiple of operators. This role will provide functional knowledge to all stakeholders on the relevance of information and how this is best presented for clear, concise instructions/diagrams and schematics of aircraft looming
* Deliver the necessary support to validation and analysis of data created with the relevant stakeholders to ensure the issue of quality approved information to the fleet maintainers and operators
* Manage and highlight engineering source data changes e.g. STR/ETI/WEI/ATS/ATPs/CR's (Change Requests) and CC's (Change Collectors), to ensure relevant information is aligned where practicable. Where necessary perform assessments on new work to ensure the departmental workload can be managed to budget and time requirements.
* Maintain effective communication and provide advice to your line manager and other stakeholders on progress/status of Work Authorisations, Publication Amendment Requests (MF765) and Non-Conformance Report on Aircraft Publications (NCRAP) that have been tasked to you.
* Plan your tasks and make the best use of available resources to effectively minimise/reduce the cost. Discharge tasks to agreed quality and endeavor to meet planned time and budget requirements. Identify, report and agree any potential overspends against those agreed tasks and address any concerns you have with your Team Leader and/or Manager.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Technical Publications experience ideally in electrical engineering.
* Detailed knowledge of air publication specifications e.g. ASD Spec 1000D, MilSpec1388 LSAR, DADS, DAvP 70/77, ATA02/90, ATA100, etc.
* Knowledge of technical authoring and production tools e.g. Framemaker, Eagle Publishing System (EPS) and CAPS2000.
* Have the ability to interpret engineering drawings and use Dassault Enovia.
* Excellent inter-personal skills.
* Have ability to work to changing deadlines under pressure.