Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Purpose of the Job
Supporting the Employer in managing the interface between the Station and Systemwide teams, plus one or more third party team
Oversee the delivery of satisfactory Testing and Commissioning and Construction Certification across the area of responsibility.
- Acting as the first point of contact when dealing with Systemwide team or relevant third party with respect to Interface and Testing and Commissioning.
- Acting as custodian and manager of the Employers Construction Interface Procedure; reviewing documents and monitoring commitment compliance.
- Acting as the custodian of and manager for the suite of documents, RIRs and trackers used by the project teams to identify and manage 'Interface Works'.
- Reviewing and accepting the necessary T&C plans and procedures to be deployed by the Contractors; acting as a focal point for Testing and Commissioning.
- Reviewing and accepting the Contractors monthly dashboard reporting. Agreeing and supporting the Contractor in resolving T&C issues.
- Managing the testing and commissioning programme through to the handover of assets.
- Checking that testing activities involving Stakeholders are coordinated with Contractors.
- Checking that testing activities undertaken by the Contractors are in accordance with relevant rules.
- Monitoring testing certification and delivery of assurance deliverables by the Contractors: facilitating acceptance of certification in a progressive manner.
- Managing testing interfaces (internal and external) with the Stations and Railway Systems and other disciplines as appropriate.
- Manage planned quality Audits of the Contractors T&C activities.
- Monitor the implementation and acceptance of certification packages from the contractor.
- Coordinate with the SR to ensure that all handover and completion requirements have been met.
- Review of work package deliverables with the project teams to ensure full QA compliance and completeness.
- Ensuring that work packages at risk of impacting handover are identified to SR.
- Ensuring that all instructions and templates to achieve standard formats contractor certificates and packages are being implemented.
- Overseeing the provision of red-line and as-built record drawings from the contractor and designers for inclusion into certification packages.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the our client Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with our client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for our client 's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with our client 's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put our client 's information or information systems at risk.
Main challenges of the job
Developing strong working relationships with the respective third party and Systemwide teams.
- Maintaining rigorous compliance with third party processes and procedures.
- Maintaining interface requirements between Stations and Systemwide teams.
- Providing leadership for T&C delivery and instigating mitigations and corrective actions as required.
- Ensuring that the Contractors meet all CRL T&C requirements.
- Supporting integration of T&C activities with the wider project delivery (MOSH) programme.
- Managing multiple interfaces and stakeholders.
- Overseeing energisations and dynamic tests.
- Monitoring T&C activities by multiple contractors are undertaken safely and to tight programme.
- The certification regime is extremely complex and needs to satisfy all of the Technical and Delivery Directorate requirements.
- Interface/Liaison with the PFE, Field Engineers and 3rd Party Interface Co-ordination with relevant project teams.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
Works closely with Construction Managers and Field Engineers.
- Via the Suppliers Rep keeps the Project Manager informed of project issues.
- Indirect reports for T&C comprises the stations project teams.
- Project Team, Contractors including Systemwide Contractors.
- Third Parties.
- Knowledge of third party environment and relevant processes and procedures.
- Engineering and construction knowledge within major infrastructure environment.
- Experience of managing complex internal and external interfaces.
- Experience of working in a team environment; is able to demonstrate leadership in delivery and has a pro-active approach.
- Professional qualifications in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or an associated discipline.
- Broad understanding and experience of railway systems.
- Experience in testing and commissioning of Electrical and Mechanical systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of statutory and railway standards.
- Familiar with railway operational requirements.
- Experience on mega projects of successfully delivering certification and record packages.