8 months ago
Interface Engineer, Permanent, Bristol
To coordinate the execution of the detailed design, procurement, construction, and commissioning activities. Also, manage the various project interfaces with the contractor and the team.
Reading and processing hundreds of input data, standards and norms related with fire detection in nuclear power plant application (BS standards such as BS 5839-1, BS 9999 etc).
Its mission will be to meet the program deadlines by having efficient and proactive actions needed to ensure a smooth running of the project and to avoid blocking points.
- Managing Engineering, Procurement, Construction Installation and Pre-Commissioning interfaces
- Coordinate the execution of the detailed design and procurement activities in particular coordinate all interfaces between the contractor and the team.
- Identify the need for and ensure appropriate reviews and audits are implemented to support assurance of interface management performance
- To maintain clear and effective interfaces within the team and suppliers/contractor
- Ensure that all review actions are closed In accordance with the contract
- Log and close all design and procurement related variances
- Plan and invite audits on design and procurement activities of contractor, participate in audits and inspections, identify non conformance and corrective actions and monitor follow up
- Coordinate risk and opportunity reviews
- Maintain with the documentation control engineer all design and procurement related communications, documents and records
- The position requires a combination of strong technical, analytical, innovative and commercial skills
- Significant and relevant multi-discipline engineering experience in electrical and mechanical industry is required to provide the necessary overview of the business, with considerable experience in planning or project engineering
- Conversant with International, group engineering standards, as well as HSE standards
- Good man-management, interpersonal, organisation skills and ability to work independently are essential
- Good communication skills and an aptitude for taking initiatives are essential, as is the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Eye for detail and a methodical work process
- Ability to manage the relationship with key stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical/commercial issues associated with the development of nuclear, oil or gas projects
- Proven track record of result deliveries in challenging project environments
- Strong capabilities in problem solving in complex project and business environments
- Degree level
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an industrial capacity, large civilian, or highly regulated environment. Having worked in the nuclear sector will be a major plus.