Up to £38.00 per hour
16 days ago
Weapon Systems Engineering Estimator required for the New Business support team. The role is well suited to an individual that has excellent communication skills is self-motivated and can contribute as part of a team and overall business. Working within the New Business Weapon Systems Engineering department tasks will include reviewing statements of work and estimating launch information and compiling estimates comprising of the following WSE sub teams - Configuration & Change, Qualification and Certification, Safety, Reference Data, Export Engineering & Airworthiness to help the team achieve agreed targets. The sub teams will support the estimating process, hence good communication skills are essential.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the New Business team in the delivery of project milestones in line with commitment dates.
- Work with a culture of Right First time and support/drive initiatives to improve the quality of our deliverables
- Work with a culture of safety first and support the delivery of safe products and working environment.
- Support the New Business team through suggestions for continuous improvement and transformation within the team and wider department.
- Display a professional attitude in dealing with all personnel in the business, having consideration for workload and programme pressures.
- Have sufficient technical knowledge to articulate a basis for the estimate to management as part of the approval process.
Knowledge of estimating engineering activities is advantageous but not essentialADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A INTEGRATION / ESTIMATION ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)