INTEGRATION ENGINEER – 12 month contract - Inside IR35 - Warton Lancashire - Rate Negotiable
Our client is seeking Integration Engineers to join a multi-disciplinary engineering team, working on one of the major Combat Air Programmes.
Integration Engineers are involved in a broad range of activities, which are described generically below, the role includes one of more of them, based on the core principles of Systems Engineering;
- Engineering Management
- Life Cycle Management
- Technical Management
- Configuration Management
- Requirements Engineering and Management
- Concept Analysis and Development
- Architecture Modelling and Analysis
- Test & Analysis
- Validation and Verification
- Integration and Implementation
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Working within an Engineering Integration Team to discharge Technical integration activities across the various work packages/projects
- Lead and / or support engineering activities to ensure high quality and timely engineering solutions are delivered in line with programme requirements.
- Lead and / or support technical integration tasks appropriate to the needs of the programme.
- Develop internal schedules and planning activities.
- Manage own workload to ensure task delivery to agreed programme, planned cost & to a high quality.
- Build & develop strong working relationships with other team members & external stakeholders.
- Attending and supporting internal and external engineering related reviews as required.
- Supporting the effective management of technical risks.
- Drafting progress reports and escalating issues when they arise
- Support a culture of continuous improvement.
PROVEN ABILITY / KEY SKILLS
- Work with minimal supervision, be pro-active, diligent, and have strong team-working & communications skills and be committed to a delivery culture
- Problem solving skills and a Proactive approach to problem solving
- Working in a collaborative environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability of Integration activities either within a system engineering discipline or across a several disciplines
- The ability to respond positively to unforeseen changes will be key to maintaining a positive and responsive working environment
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of engineering processes & standards
- Knowledge of the Engineering Lifecycle and typical aircraft development lifecycle
- Ability to resolve engineering conflicts between disciplines, systems and capabilities