Up to £47.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
Designer/Integrators work as part of the Solution Design team and are responsible for the design and implementation of Windows based components which form part of the NSoIT(D) Platform; as directed by the technology team lead, reporting upwards to the Solution Design Lead.
- Become familiar with the NSoIT(D) core infrastructure design by reviewing existing Intermediate, High, Low and Detailed Level Design documents for Windows Applications and Services within the platform.
- Perform Product Selections of Applications and Services that are required within our Core Windows estate.
- Operate in a "fail fast, fail early" mindset when developing and testing technical solutions to complex problems with limited requirements.
- Produce quality High, Intermediate, Low and Detailed Level Design documents for all of NSoIT(D)'s core components as directed.
- Ensure that all develop solutions conform to good industry practice for design and deployment.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the Infrastructure Architecture team; sharing knowledge and peer reviewing others work prior to formal review by the Solution Design Lead.
- Use the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo) to record, document and test your work.
- A proven track record for delivering on large-scale IT projects, in which you were responsible for designing and implementing solutions.
- Designing and building Windows infrastructure environments.
- Working with Enterprise Systems, Platforms and Networks within a datacentre environment.
Hands on design, de-risking and development experience of the following technology domains:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2:
- AD and NTFS permissions
- Group Policy / SCCM (Including Security Hardening)
- Enterprise Printing
- Microsoft Exchange up to version 2016 where possible
- Voice and Video Conferencing
- Skype for Business
- SIP with TLS federation
- Database Services
- Microsoft SQL Server up to version 2016 where possible
- Replication and Backup Technologies
- Cross-site failure and resiliency
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Storage Technologies
- SAN Design and Configuration
- Virtualisation Technologies
- VMWare Virtualisation Platforms (ESXi, vCentre, vSAN)
- Desktop Management
- VMware Desktop Delivery (Horizon, AppVolumes)
- Windows 10 Deployment
Any of the following professional certifications that have been obtained within the last five years:
- Networking certification, CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) or similar.
- Virtualisation certification, VMware VCP (VMware vCenter Certified Professional) or similar,
- Windows Server certification, MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) / MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) or similar.
Other Beneficial Skills:
- Experience with NATO FAS applications.
- Experience with UK Public Sector deployed systems applications and services.
- Experience in developing secure architecture within a multi-tenanted environment.
- Chartered Engineer Status
- Working as part of an Agile development team.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.