12 days ago
Within the Integration and System Validation team based in Bristol, we have a number of roles to undertake a range of Integration and System Validation activities, supplying specialist advice and support to projects as appropriate. This role is to support the integration and testing on Naval Platforms.
Our client has to deliver multiple ships in parallel and need a cohesive team that can move not only between Ships but all between trials campaigns both on ship and at other test sites including Bristol.
This is an opportunity at the heart of the Sea Ceptor Trials team for a suitable individual that will expose and involve them in a wide spread of System Level Trials. There is extensive off-site work once the individual has demonstrated that they are suitably experienced in the operation of equipment and processes that need to be followed.
The individual will need to work well within a team separated from main site.
The role will include some or all of the following activities:-
- Trials Conduct: the conduct of trials activities such as lab based trials, Dockyard trials and Sea trials and Live Firing Trials in both UK and overseas locations.
- Trials data gathering, analysis and reporting.
- The conduct of lab based compatibility activities.
- Supporting engineering activities on trials sites for various MBDA products for customers to demonstrate system operability.
- Supporting demonstrations and customer acceptance trials on complex weapon systems.
- Prepare trials and integration documentation at all stages of a project life cycle.
- Carry out investigations into a full range of engineering problems, and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Support definition of testing approaches and specify tests in assigned/specialist area(s).
- Experience of systems integration (functional test activities)
- Experience/Knowledge associated with network analysis/fault finding.
- Experience with command and control systems
- Windows/Linux command line operation experience
- Ability to configure Ethernet switches.
- Ability to undertake data analysis from trials
- Able to work to tight timescales with changing priorities in a complex environment
- An ability to establish good working relationship within group and external stakeholders, and to broker agreements to deliver required results.
- An ability to work autonomously and report issues/ask for assistance as required,
- An ability to work within a fast moving programme that can change both design and priorities quickly.
- Ability to absorb and understand technical documentation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Motivated, self-starter, who can deliver to challenging timescales
- Familiarity with MS Office, IBM Rational DOORS, Excel/VBA/MAcros and XLog
- Relevant experience of complex weapon system integration, including dockyard and ship trials