about 1 month ago
Integration and System Validation Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Rate: PAYE or Umbrella hourly rate on offer (inside IR35)
An Integration and System Validation Engineer is required to provide support as necessary to Platform Integration team in preparing and testing integration missile hardware for trials with additional responsibilities for investigation of issues identified during trials.
- Lead Integration activities on the programme compatibility test rig
- Conduct Regression tests of Programme software builds for UK and export contracts (I.A.W Proving Instructions) and provision of analysis reports and test evidence to Systems as necessary
- Conduct Proving activities and verification of new programme Data Recording Module and provide reports and test evidence to the equipment teams
- Supporting Non-conformance and other hardware/software investigations as required.
- Day to day management of the rig, including equipment mustering, calibration, maintenance, etc.
- Compact testing is expected to expand during 2021 to support programme spiral software development which will require further proving of the software with associated hardware
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- An ability to understand the design of the System
- Knowledge of systems integration (mechanical/electrical and functional test activities)
- Knowledge associated with network analysis/fault finding
- Windows/Linux command line operation proven ability
- Ability to configure Ethernet switches
- Ability to undertake data analysis from trials
- Familiarity with MS Office, IBM Rational DOORS, Python. Excel/VBA/MAcros and XLog
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).