£32.00 - £35.00 per hour
4 months ago
The primary role of the Integrated Support Engineer - IPS is to support the Principal Engineer - IPS Co-Ordinator in the effective and timely delivery of Logistical information/reports and Technical Publications to meet aircraft programmes and In Service Support requirements.
Ensure work is performed in accordance with departmental procedures DPR.CSU.17.12
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
% of Time
· You are responsible for ensuring that activities under your control are undertaken in accordance with the requirements set out in the AWL SHE Policy, Health & Safety Operating manual, Health, Safety & Environment Management System Manual (HSE MSM). These documents identify your key responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Environmental Protection Act and other relevant HS&E legislation.
· Specific responsibilities for Employees are detailed within HSE MSM Section 8.7 - Employees
· Functionally reporting to the Principal Engineer - IPS Co-Ordinator for your day to day duties you will support them in the discharging of the IPS activities.
· Create and sustain the Logistical information/reports and Technical Publications supporting the various IPS Programmes to ensure the creation and issue of verified and quality assured data in order to optimise customer operations and support departmental KPI's at minimal cost.
· Conduct of engineering documentation analysis and interpretation of other technical information in order to produce relevant and accurate Logistical and Technical Publication information to a multiple of operators. This role will provide functional knowledge to all stakeholders on the relevance of information and how this is best presented for clear and concise instructions
·Identify and refer any issues that affect your ability to discharge those tasks and projects to your Team Leader/Line Manager in a timely and appropriate manner
· Ensure as necessary work is performed in a consistent manner across all platforms and if not identify process improvements/harmonisation idea's to your team leader/line manager
· Liaise with departmental managers and team leaders to ensure all work can be discharged in a timely manner for which you are responsible, identifying any potential risks.
· Represent the department at the necessary Design reviews to ensure the principles of IPS are upheld in achieving a design that is cost effective and supportable, ensuring the in service requirements and necessary compliance is achieved
· Deliver the necessary support to validation and analysis of data created with the relevant stakeholders to ensure the issue of quality approved information and data to the fleet operators.
· Perform Quality checks on Logistical Information and Technical Publications that has been through the 'Offload Production Facility' to ensure it meets the required quality standards
· Support the relevant Workflow and Production Services Managers in supporting assessment and planning of new work within the Logistical/Publication databases
·Manage and highlight engineering source data changes e.g. STR/ETI/WEI/ATS/ATP's/FTI's/SCD's/CC's/CR's etc, Safety Documentation and MFTP's (Military Flight Test Plan) to ensure relevant information is aligned as practicable.
·Maintain effective communication and provide advice to your manager and other stakeholders on progress/status of Work Authorisations, Unsatisfactory Feature Reports (MF765/X) and Non-Conformance Report on Aircraft Publications (NCRAP) that have been tasked to you.
· Plan your tasks and make the best use of available resources to effectively minimise/reduce the cost.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Educated to at least HNC level in a relevant aviation related subject. Alternatively, to have completed a recognized engineering apprenticeship followed by a period of employment in all aspects of aircraft maintenance and overhaul, sufficient to gain the necessary practical experience for the job role.
Detailed knowledge of Supportability and Air Publication specifications e.g. ASD Spec 1000D, MilSpec1388 LSAR, DADS, DAvP 70/77, ATA02/90, ATA100, etc.
Knowledge of technical authoring and production tools e.g. Framemaker, LSAR's (EAGLE) Eagle Publishing System (EPS) and CAPS2000.
Have the ability to interpret engineering drawings and use Dassault Enovia.
Excellent inter-personal skills.
Have ability to work to changing deadlines under pressure.
Keyboard skills, a working knowledge of computers and computer system applications.
Written communication skills, the ability to document results from the audits performed and documenting validation reports and plans.
Highly self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team as well as independently